Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VE SS A6 Heron White

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hahahaha... good to hear!

Make sure you don't wax or seal the skirts/spoiler after they're painted for a while. Need to let the the solvents evaporate, otherwise the paint can lift (which is bad). The panel beater will say 10 days - I'd honestly leave it a minimum of 40. 60 days is recommended but not always appropriate. Washing is fine (don't use a wash & wax product - but you shouldn't be using that anyway)

Whats wrong with a wash and wax man?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Whats wrong with a wash and wax man?

The main issue is that, over time, it will coat your glass and it's a bit of a pig to get it off. If you've ever noticed glass feeling grainy or that it feels like it has fine ridges all over it, odds on it's owned by someone who uses a wash and wax product. It can actually stain glass slightly. It can build up on the paint and mute the finish.

It can also play havoc with some of the rubber seals around doors, windscreens, etc (which you obviously wouldn't ordinarily wax). Much better off using a quality, dedicated, high-lubricity shampoo for the paint and keeping the wax/protection step separate.

The protection they offer is FA but they do leave residual crap which is a big time waster when you want to get rid of it. No sense in applying a quality sealant/wax and top it with some cheap **** product.

With my car, I'll wash it weekly (at least) and, after each wash, go over it with a polymer QD which leaves behind a very fine, protective layer - that works as a sacrificial layer over the wax in the event of bird bombs, etc. The one I use seems to last about a week - helps the wax last longer, but doesn't build up as it also has light cleaners in it (though is most likely being removed by the next wash anyway. This also stops water spots, finger prints, and the one I use is anti-static, so does noticeably (though not significantly) reduce the amount of surface dust the car holds - it adds about 6 minutes to the wash process. It also amps up the gloss and leaves the paint super slick. There are also spray waxes, but these can build up and actually mute the finish over time.

I'll top wax coats up every 4th wash or so and generally rip everything off it and start fresh at least twice a year - more if I'm testing.

edit.. wow.. that went off topic!

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
edit.. wow.. that went off topic!

Hmmm, just a bit... But we can see how passionate you are about it... :)

Now you need to name the non static wax and wash please.....

Syco,

How do you find breaking performance with the DBA4000 over the standard factory setup? I can still get the same ones you have (from DBA) with the Remsa? Pads...

Cheers
Phil

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
i have no real comparison the as the brakes were pretty much gone when i bought the car :/

sorry

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Ah that's right, ex pursuit car... well I'm sure they'd have to be better...

Cheers

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Picking up my car from the spraypainters as we speak, too dark for pics though obviously :( looks good though :D