Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vh wagonator

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
Bought it recently off ebay to wreck it, but after seeing it decided to try and get it over the pits. Its a 1981 Vh sl wagon originally with a 3.3L but the last owner converted it to a 253. Paid one grand for it unlic due to the goodies inside.

Has a new exhaust pacemakers with twin pipes coming out the back with lukeys mufflers (receipts from the last owner 1500)
rebuilt 3.08 ratio 10 bolt Salisbury LSD (1500 in receipts)
rebuilt 253 with brock intake manifold 40 thou os with flat tops (had to rip the heads off due to the holley letting go and two brass throttle screws being sucked down)
New 650 double pumper (thought it had a late hz 308 but the letter in the prefix looked like a t until a certain pitch of light showed it as a faint r thus proving its a high comp 253 block)

The interior looks like new the rear cab looks like no one has ever stuck an item in it. Has head rests on the rear seat but might have been an add on by the last owner (shrug). There is bugger all rust , no dings chrome is in top condition , including bumpers.
Recently bought a tacho dash for the wench.
Chucking on dragway indys and maybe painting the grill white.

To get her over the pits all it needs are brakes and to have the rear window wiper repaired. I have vn v8 brakes and booster in the shed for it.

The guy that sold it to me stated it was running rough, but what do you expect when you dont hook up the vacuum lines and slam the wrong plugs in it (vs ecotech plugs). The modulator for the trans wasnt even connected.

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
sounds like a bit of a bargain there mate, got any future plans for the old girl?

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
updated with pics

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
looks like a good project, theres not enough nice wagons going around good to see your going to fix it and not just wreck it.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
G'day with abit of elbow grease she will come up alright mate. You don't see many old wagons around anymore.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
well all the problems with it is from half arsed harry that use to own it. handbrake cable not connected no torque convertor cover etc. i have a vn v8 wreck down the back i can stifl for parts, also a low km 304 if i get bored.
just recently drove her up the culdesac lsd is very tight , motor is very smooth and responsive, seems to have a recond trimatic just the way the last owner slap it together let it down. prolly the reason he never finished

'85vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
4spd VK
daym. that is all

ChoCo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac L67
not to bad for $1000