Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vin and engine number dont match, how can i get the orignal engine number?

billswis

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I bought the car with that engine in it, and went to ezyreg they said vin doesnt match engine.
Previous owner lost the papers so i dont no how to put in my name and rego

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I bought the car with that engine in it, and went to ezyreg they said vin doesnt match engine.
Previous owner lost the papers so i dont no how to put in my name and rego

You will need to get an engine change form signed by a mechanic and then take it into the reg Dept. That should see it pass. If it fails due to what ever reason - best to find out now and fix up your friend if they have "done" you over with hot goods.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Will the car need to be taken to Vic roads for them to physically see that a new engine has dropped in?

I changed my engine when I built my new donk. Worried if they ask to see it I'll get a defect.

I have receipts of the purchase of the motor and proof it's not stolen.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
All you need to do is fill out a form at the rego office with the new engine number and they will give you a permit to take to a vehicle inspection place, where they will just check your engine number. After they have checked the new engine number they will give you another form to take to the rego office so it can be registered.
If the vehicle was registered in SA previously you will not need a full vehicle inspection. I bought a car with a stuffed engine last year, and put a second hand engine in it and got it registered without any problems