Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK 308

poite91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 308
Hi I thought I wound post this about my car and the work I have done and had done to it. I bought my vk berlina about 3 years ago and it was pretty mint back then but there was some little things that need fixing. The engine, transmission, diff were perfect and were built tuff but little things like the AC wasn't working and the head lights needed adjustment, the vacuum lines for the AC needed a little fixing up but then there were tough I broke/wore out like the top diff arms and the diff so I had to get that all fixed up. I didn't know how to do a lot of stuff back then or was just to lazy and broke (not that being broke has changed) I have some more know how now and I'm trying to finish it off. Not that I know how to build a diff or do stuff like that just tough like replacing alternator and small stuff like that I was thinking about selling it but now I'm not sure...

2568cd5_20.jpg

5873k1m_20.jpg

poite91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 308
New AC compressor and alternator

Ok so I just finished fitting a new AC compressor it's a Sanden THS090 and fitting a new big 120amp bosch alternator. The compressor bracket had to be modified to fit as shown in pics.

image.jpgimage (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (3).jpgimage (4).jpgimage (5).jpgimage (6).jpgimage (8).jpgimage (9).jpgimage (12).jpgimage (11).jpg

superdogster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
New AC compressor and alternator

Ok so I just finished fitting a new AC compressor it's a Sanden THS090 and fitting a new big 120amp bosch alternator. The compressor bracket had to be modified to fit as shown in pics.

View attachment 157224View attachment 157225View attachment 157226View attachment 157227View attachment 157228View attachment 157229View attachment 157230View attachment 157231View attachment 157232View attachment 157233View attachment 157234
Hi mate. What was involved in wiring up the new compressor? The original green wire plugged straight into the new compressor?
The original compressor had a switch on the back, whereas the new one doesn’t?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@poite91 was last seen Jan 26 2015, some 7 years ago… doubt he’ll answer :rolleyes:

As to your question, what does the original switch do? no idea but whatever function it provides must be replicated.

For example, if it’s an integrated pressure switch, then you must install a pressure switch within the AC line to replicate that (now) missing function. If it was an earth return for the compressor clutch, it may not be needed if the new compressor clutch is earthed internally through the compressor…

Gozza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 Commodore VB
Nice work looks clean