Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Calais 85'

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
anyone know what sort of rims were on the car?? off a senator or something, oh and btw nice pick up man

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
Drove it to robe, to get ID-CHECK and REGO, Made it back, Total of 600k's. Started the trip running on 6cylinders, and returned to my mates workshop, running on 2cylinders :] LOL. Head is completely ruined, was on its way out, on the drive there i could tell, but wasn't sure how long it would last, as it progessivly became worse as i drove back. Ended up konking out, when i got it back, sounding like a lawn mower on crack!

New head going on this week!

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
have just spent $1400 on a new head, had the bottom end checked, my mechanic said the bores looked brand spankin new. The engine was a recent reco, but the head was never pressure tested etc, he said it must have just gone thru the shop and got cleaned up put back together.

head has been, port and polished, valves for gas if needed, and some other work i can't think off my head! runs like a dream! engine is like brand new!

timm0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh327, vb253, vkefi5l, vn5l
thinking of rebuilding the internals, obviously doing some work to it, and put on a sc14 supercharger. Possibly with a cooler etc.

bahahaha, spend your money well.. throw that 202 over your next doors fence..

308 or efi 5l.. or even a v6 5 speed.. trust me i playd around with 202s

jahan_86vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 vl berlina
Nice buy mate! Gotta love the vk calais, when my vl go's off the road for respray im buyin a daily car, hopin to find a vk calais.