Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK V6

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Could move the fuse box, or relocate batt to boot or other side? Or put a turbo on the other side, run the pipe from the intercooler under the batt (with decent heat shielding)
did u make your own box cross member?

Largey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Berlina
So you've prompted me to get off my ass and sort out the engine bay properly...lol. I relocated the dfi module last night to the passenger strut tower. I then searched for a place that does ignition leads, nothing came up as qld ignition leads isn't there anymore (EDIT found them, see post #16) so I took it upon myself to cut down a set, worked out well so now I'm waiting for the storms to pass so I can finalise mounting them.
I'm now planning to move the battery over into the corner so I can chop down the Dfi bracket and run the intake pipe up to the front of the engine bay an place the pod there

Last edited:

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
If its not mounted yet have you looked at the firewall or in part with wiper motor, would look clean as

Largey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Berlina
Could move the fuse box, or relocate batt to boot or other side? Or put a turbo on the other side, run the pipe from the intercooler under the batt (with decent heat shielding)
did u make your own box cross member?
Yeh I used the vk trimatic bottom piece that bolts to the chassis rail, then the rubber from the vn Mano conversion I believe, drilled the bottom piece to bolt the rubber to it, then I modified the end of the bottom piece to span two chassis rail bolt holes. Come installation I bolt the rubber bit to the box, bottom piece to rubber then bolts into the chassis rail....dude who mod plated it didn't even kneel down though. Never been over pits...

Largey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Berlina
So you've prompted me to get off my ass and sort out the engine bay properly...lol. I relocated the dfi module last night to the passenger strut tower. I then searched for a place that does ignition leads, nothing came up as qld ignition leads isn't there anymore (EDIT found them, see post #16) so I took it upon myself to cut down a set, worked out well so now I'm waiting for the storms to pass so I can finalise mounting them.
I'm now planning to move the battery over into the corner so I can chop down the Dfi bracket and run the intake pipe up to the front of the engine bay an place the pod there

I found the number for QLD ignition leads (04 16 366 486) and he's now a mobile service, I'll get him to come out and make up a new set and I'll keep mine as spares.

I'm also going to look at vl turbo diff tomorrow arvo, all sorted to pull the cover off and an axle out to check all is as it should be. I'm wondering what the width would be if I measured width from the inside of the discs to be sure it's vl.

Also Sussed out what's needed to go to a supercharged six, keeping my t5. Seems like a simple (relatively speaking) rewire, match the flywheel to the ecmotech, prob best off jus getting an auto computer, modify the loom and get a retune, cut down some new extractors and do a new exhaust while I'm at it.
I'm wondering wether I can run my current k-frame/vn steering rack situation......

Largey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Berlina
White walls, what do u think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 382

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
White walls shouldn't be on VK imho, not part of the era. She looks good everywhere else though

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looks alright but have to agree with 75hjprem,not really suited to the era of your car