Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK

teastpilot

testpilot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK vacationer / VP berlina
the rear was identical in every way, just use the VP "D" bushes to accomodate the slightly larger dia. bar (front and rear).

The front of the VP uses a mount off the side of the strut and the links go down to the swaybar eyelet, the sway bars on the ground together were within 40mm or so eyelet to eyelet and the same overall shape. The VK uses the links up to the swaybar eyelt from the lower control arm.

So it was just a simple matter of swapping the bar over to the VK linkage setup and tossing away the VP linkages, i checked it for suspension travel clearances and no hits rubs or klunks, all sweet, really noticable on the road sits much flatter and more controlled, in short probably the cheapest and most effective mod i did, without having to resort to aftermarket options.

Interestingly the VP's lower control arms had holes to make use of the lower mounting system. i think i gained about 3-4mm in thickness in both bars (the rear possibly more) by using the VP's and its certainly noticable on the road. I think the VK was 23-24mm std on the front and the VP front was about 27mm, i didnt measure the rears but its visible, i still have em so i can measure em tomorrow n repost.

An yeh, the steering wheel was the second thing i did to the car.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
the rear was identical in every way, just use the VP "D" bushes to accomodate the slightly larger dia. bar (front and rear).

The front of the VP uses a mount off the side of the strut and the links go down to the swaybar eyelet, the sway bars on the ground together were within 40mm or so eyelet to eyelet and the same overall shape. The VK uses the links up to the swaybar eyelt from the lower control arm.

So it was just a simple matter of swapping the bar over to the VK linkage setup and tossing away the VP linkages, i checked it for suspension travel clearances and no hits rubs or klunks, all sweet, really noticable on the road sits much flatter and more controlled, in short probably the cheapest and most effective mod i did, without having to resort to aftermarket options.

Interestingly the VP's lower control arms had holes to make use of the lower mounting system. i think i gained about 3-4mm in thickness in both bars (the rear possibly more) by using the VP's and its certainly noticable on the road. I think the VK was 23-24mm std on the front and the VP front was about 27mm, i didnt measure the rears but its visible, i still have em so i can measure em tomorrow n repost.

An yeh, the steering wheel was the second thing i did to the car.

Sweet as, doesnt seem to bad, should be easier done on the hoist :p
Ill try and grab a whiteline sway bar and new bushes, should tighten it up so more, i want to redo all the suspension so i might just do it then.
hh the steering is giving me the ****s, its great for parking but anything else its a dog to drive, but in saying that the actual car still handles better then mums VT. Some corners i have taken at 20k's more then her and could porbly go more if my tyres wernt bald haha, yet she has brand new tyres and its so spongey. Go the mighty VK

teastpilot

testpilot
Reaction score
Members Ride
removed the vacationer pinstriping. whatchas think?

Attachments

• commodore pinless.JPG
    commodore pinless.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 319

teastpilot

testpilot
Reaction score
Members Ride
got the vx ss 17's on the ol gal now, finished the brakes, and suspension, de-pinstriped it, got the E6GMX haltec and wideband kit, YT 1.7:1 rockers, got the gas strut bonnet mod happening next week, started ripping the vp motor out.

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
lookin good mate...take those mudflaps off tho..i'll give u an extra 10 points!!!

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
very nice car have not seen one in that cond with original paint job. if it was me id be sticken a 355 stroker engine in it but thats jus me. good luck with it mate:thumbsup:

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl

teastpilot

testpilot
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol guys yeap, the flaps r comin off, asap.

Got my gas strut bonnet mod done today, wont have that annoying steel rod obstructing my underbonnet area now. Startin to collect bits n pieces for the v6. V6 is almost outa the VP. Tank remove, gearbox dissconnect, and about 16 bolts left to lift the body off the k frame.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
man your vk is clean as, and putting the vp motor in it will make it all the more sweeter. and yeh looks alot better with the pinstripes removed good on ya. lookin forward to seein this thing transform.