Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VL Executive

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
The holder piece thingy where u can put stuff in lol.. in your center console in front of the box, is that standard in vl's or is it from another model?

Well its my very first car and pretty much the first time ive really gotten into VLs so i just assumed it was standard. It sits in the loosely though so it could be from another model. We are talking about the same thing arent we?? (see image below).
I'll seee if i can find it on any others

Attachments

• vl with console highlighted.jpg
    vl with console highlighted.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Thats the sunglasses holder. Standard in Berlina, calais and probably BT1. Was also an option in SL and Execs.

You also have a tacho dash (turbo, berlina, calais) so it has been changed. Unless tacho dashes were an option in SL and execs.

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Thats the sunglasses holder. Standard in Berlina, calais and probably BT1. Was also an option in SL and Execs.

You also have a tacho dash (turbo, berlina, calais) so it has been changed. Unless tacho dashes were an option in SL and execs.

yeh previous owner changed the dash

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
nice & clean for a good price. you don't like the vk calais rims? you could do with the chrome door handles and maybe some $venetians$ and tint.
also a partition or a box to enclose the pod, it is sucking hot air like that and maybe take the old airbox base out (use pliers on the rubbers and a little wd40 from underneath if their tight.):thumbsup:

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
nice & clean for a good price. you don't like the vk calais rims? you could do with the chrome door handles and maybe some $venetians$ and tint.
also a partition or a box to enclose the pod, it is sucking hot air like that and maybe take the old airbox base out (use pliers on the rubbers and a little wd40 from underneath if their tight.):thumbsup:

chrome door handles would look awesome, and venetians but are they hard to find?
Also where would i get the box for the pod filter, i tried autobarn and then got lazy

I wouldnt mind painting the dash some form of blue, but not sure what parts of the dash, whether it would be hard, and whether it would look anygood. I just seen a post on here of a VX or VT cant remember which was sprayed green, it looked good. But not sure in a VL

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
also, is there a trick to getting the stereos in VLs to sit flat, my slants upwards because it hits the top (just underneath air conditioning vents). You can see from the old stereo in pics how it slants.

Thanks

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
The One In My VL Stood Out Like That And My Mates Does It Aswell I Think Its just The Way They Are

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
my old calais used to stick out heaps but my wagons sits nice and flush it looks like the person before me has had alittle bit of a hack at the surround but you cant see it when the cd player is in. il get some pics. car looks pretty clean by the way

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
my old calais used to stick out heaps but my wagons sits nice and flush it looks like the person before me has had alittle bit of a hack at the surround but you cant see it when the cd player is in. il get some pics. car looks pretty clean by the way

thanks mate, pics would be good
Im hesitant to hack at it, doesnt look thick enough so bit worried about piercing through to air con vent

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
yeah trim up either side so it slides in thurther