Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VL wagon daily+project

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Thanks mate

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Looking good!
I think the grill needs to be body coloured, not silver. But that's just me.
Love the pic with the front mount cooler.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Yea i forgot to give him the grill. Ill just drop it i to one of the paint shops around town on monday. Probably get done in a day its not much to paint lol

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Also i got some professional photos done last night. Will probably get them mid week sometime. Will post them up when i have them

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
One of the photos from the photoshoot the other night. He photographer hasnt finished editing the rest yet..

IMG_20130729_063123_zps8e67c422.jpg

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
looks the goods man...
upgrade your brakes to turbo callipers and slotted rotors on front. or do the VT brake upgrade. more power means better braking power.
Disk rear conversion too

To answer the question up the top a standard nissan headgasket can handle 15psi.. even more...

its all in the tune. im running 10psi on highcomp setup, external gated, turbo inj and ecu, 3" zorst and 15 degrees timing with 98 fuel. this donk has got 330XXX kms on her and she loves it hahah will eventually break standard autos though if your running this.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
I got this sitting there ready to throw in. But because its a sedan diff, is it as easy as transferring all the stuff from that over to my wagon diff.
20130604_154117_zps12495d54.jpg

I bought a cometic head gasket today aswell. So theres no worrying when its boosted ;)

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
My boss seems to think im going to get defected once the wagon is boosted. The way i see it, its a low mount turbo and ill be keeping the airbox to have that stock looks to make coppers happy. My boss reckons that ill get defected straight away coz of the front mount. This true??

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
My boss seems to think im going to get defected once the wagon is boosted. The way i see it, its a low mount turbo and ill be keeping the airbox to have that stock looks to make coppers happy. My boss reckons that ill get defected straight away coz of the front mount. This true??

Any questions, I would talk to an engineer, maybe consider getting a certificate for your mods. As far as I know though, there are low mount kits for various cars.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
My setup is fully engineered, the only thing I can get pinged for, is my pod filter (It's bracketed down, which gets me off the hook, but cops can prob still defect me for not having it boxed in if they want).

I've never been defected over mine, I've never had my engine checked over by cops even after they've pulled me over while boosting, they've even heard my turbo flutter. My cooler sits about 5 or so inches below my bumper give or take, and sprayed black like my bumper, you can't really tell it's there at a glance.

Saying that, though, I'm not sure on the current laws since I always go off the theory "If it came out with a turbo, you're allowed to turbo your car of the same model", like an NA Silvia or VL, since they released turbo models of the same car, you can turbo it, get what I mean? I'm not sure if the wagons came out turbo, but you should be fine if you get a mod plate.

Mine was like, $180 or something. I keep the paper work in my glove box just in case the cops check my car & don't believe my plate, or if they want to get annoying about it.