Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY VN Commodore 372ci

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
looks good besides that stupid wing... lose that and it would ten times better !

I agree that it would increase the toughness look.

But its up to the owner.
TO the guy that owns the car - did you do all the mods or did you buy it like this?

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
awesome car mate got enough gauges?lol

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
think the wing actually is there to serve a purpose on this car, not just for looks like most

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
think the wing actually is there to serve a purpose on this car, not just for looks like most

Sorry i misread the part where he says takes it to the race track.

Of course its totally up to the owner. But i am totally entitled to my opinion, which still stands the wing just makes it look stupid even the front bar to a extent.

What other mods has this car got ? ie suspension/driveline/brakes

hotsv1

Reaction score
havent been back for quite a while, to answer the the old questions.
i got this car as a V6 executive, so u can see i changed quite a few things,
wing is for a purpose, as many of u would know VN's are very heavy headed, and very light at the back, will easily fishtail with big hp if u not careful even in highspeed, if you fit one of those wing on and drove 160KM/h plus, u will appriciate the wing, it is functional v8 supercar wing give rear tyre heaps more grip. people dont like bodykits and wings can just go drive their everyday off the factory cars and satisfy themselfs, no need to make bad comments on others to make themselfs feel better. as for the mods, yes, car suspension is full coilover koni adjustables front and rear, transmission is upgraded to stage4 race kit with hardparts/billet gears installed. brakes are changed to 6pot front and 4pot rear wilwood. engines up to 6.1L with 550hp runing autronic management system and 200hp nos. :)

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I don't usually like VN's much, but that's one tough looking car and what a killer engine combo. I love those wheels too, the big negative offset gives the car a really tough stance.

I'm also usually not overly fussed on those big rear wings, but it really does suit the car in this case. Only part I think looks out of place is the front bar.

& the auto....... should be a MANUAL!!!! ;)