Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vn wagon

sv wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Hi everyone thought its about time to post up some pictures and info about my car.
Its a 1988 vn wagon factory V6 5 speed manual that had the country pack suspension.
It was my first car, I have had it for just under 10 years and have spent way to much money on it.
It started life maroon and is now blue.
First mod that came was the stereo, which consisted of 2 12 inch subs, 2 amps, head deck, front splits and rear 6x9s.
Then I lowered onto ultralow springs and some 16 inch alloys.
Then I had the motor and gear box rebuilt, installed a new clutch, brakes bushes etc
I then painted it turismo blue, fitted a sv 5000 front bar and grill, removed the aerial and rear wiper.
I then bought vn hsv Le wagon trim and installed that, got the roof lining re trimmed and added new carpet.
Installed a monster tacho, gauges and a hsv steering wheel, cleaned and painted the interior plastics back to grey.
Then it was time for wheels (18s was the go then 19s weren't popular yet) so i got a set of Vt gts's in silver, then later I got a set of signatures.
I drove it around for a few years as a daily, then started using it only on weekends until i got sick of driving a v6, so i then bought a smashed vn 5 litre for the running gear. Then I pulled the wagon off the road. It has sat in the corner for a couple of years until I had some time and more importantly money. I recently started working on the car, I decided it was time to paint the bay and start working on it. As of today my car is still under process.
So far what i have done is motor, gearbox, suspension, front brakes, trim, dynamat in the entire car.

MOTOR 5litre flat tops head work baby cam etc
GEARBOX t56 6 speed manual conversion from Mal wood auto with hydraulic clutch and short shifter
SUSPENSION Lovell ultra low springs and koni shockers all the way around

I still have to do my diff(4.11s), tail shaft, rear brakes, over haul the stereo, modify a drop tank to suit a wagon, modify a maloo rear bar to suit a wagon and maloo side skirts, modify wiring loom and add full electrics.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2,207
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 8,884
  • IMG_9946.jpg
    IMG_9946.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 738

tznu1

Reaction score