Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my voodoo blue sv6 ute

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
haha thanks matey,
yeah the exhaust is deffinatlyey growing on me...
i will get a sound clip video thing up if i learn how to do it.

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
looks awsome mate. i got the exact same about 6 weeks ago. just got the moey for an exhaust and to lower it but not sure what to go with for either. how do the sssl in the front go with gutters?? i got quoted about 750 to drop mine all around was yours similar?

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
hey mate, thank you, yeah its getting there, rims are next on the agenda, just got an exhaust last couple of weeks.
i was loving the sssl's completely until i got the exhaust installed because it now hangs lower than the stock one, now it scrapes over anything.
It cost me $1400 to lower mine, however that was with monroe short travelle shocks as well. sounds like you have a good deal.
umm the front will scrape on gutters on either side because they drop down for some stupid reason so learn to reverse park first haha, (cant remember last time i parked front on).
if i could do it again with the new exauhst i would get ssl's....

sorry about the novel haha i hope it helps. get some piccs up.
thanks

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
hahaha thanks mate the novel is well worht the read mate i really appreciate it its been on my mind for weeks. yeh i think my quote might of been jst to get me in the door but ill get a real figure before i do it because that was with shocks an replacing all the other bits and peices. im getting my exhaust done first so hopefully ill drop it to a suitable height but im thinking ssl's sound like the best option. yeh mate i want 20's in the not so distant future but all chrome or black and chrome is another thing constantly on my mind haha. would love to see pics of yours on new wheels.
thanks mate

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
glad to help, yeah as i said if i had my time again i would go ssl all round.
hmm chrome, i love it on our colour it sets it off nicely, however i have been roasted every time i bring up the words chrome and commodore together haha however i dont see rims happening anytime soon. saving for bali trip =]
what are you getting for your exhaust?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Ute looks great mate, love the Voodoo!
Everyone roasts on Chrome Rims but i reckon they would suit the Voodoo Blue. Otherwise black goes with the blue really well.

In regard to the springs, i had a SV6 while i was on my P's and i had SSL's all round. It was the perfect ride height.
I had it sitting on 20's Phantom SV6 Ute

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
thanks Macca
yeah just checked out your old car man i like the height ay, but i have already spent money on sssl's it would be a shame to go back higher, im wondering if i get 20"s it may lift it that little bit that it needs... im quite undecided.
As for the chrome i dont really mind what others think as you said i think they suit the voodoo also.

what did you think of the exhaust, does it sound like your old one?
i have been told that
"It sounds like a standerd exhaust with a hole in its muffler"
"It sounds like a postmans bike"
"Nice WRX i thought you had a VE"

and the list goes on.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Definitely don't change your suspension lol. SSSL's look awesome, just a bit inconvienient sometimes ;)
I put the link there for you both to see but probably more to help Joozi.

I will be honest with you mate... it does sound a bit funny i think. Unless its poor sound on the vid camera, which is most likely.
Mine sounded a lot tougher than that. Had a lot of great comments on it and other SV6 owners pulling up next to me at the lights asking me what the hell i'd done to mine to make it sound so good. What do you think of it?

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
hey macca thanks for the link id already checked that one out. ummm jason i pretty sure i was going the x-force aswell macca had recommended it to me another thread. ive listened to a few on youtube and they sound pretty good but also read u have to wait a while for the carbon to build up in them or something before they sopund there best??