Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Voodoo Blue SV6 Ute

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
LETTERBOX GRILLE ON, and this missus suprised me with chrome mirror caps :) She's a keeper ;)

3pp1eDe.jpg

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Thanks mate, looked better than i expected it to, with the bonnet protector.

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Well, that escalated quickly.

The other SSVs had some rash etc and a mate had these with VERY minimal rash (Only a small bit on edge, very small on one rim and thats it) but no tyres. I have 90% on my tyres so i offered a swap but keep my tyres. Nek minnit he said yes :)

Here's a pic
gp96qW8.jpg

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
So an Update:

1) I scored a brand new Stainless Steel Catback System for a case of beer off a mate
2) Exhaust shop that fitted it , put the o2 sensor wiring on wrong (Under gearbox not over) Which meant my Tailshaft minced it .... $870 later i have a new wiring harness.
3) She's running well, sounding better and not much left to say

Will be making regular updates on this from now on as mods are getting serious :)

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Nice ute, who sprayed your grille? It looks not the right colour. I actually preferred the original grille... but those rims are sweet.

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Hey guys ,

don't get on here much.

a few things have happened with the ute
On December 17th (Right before xmas) I damaged another gearbox..... The cause- Overheated Torque Converter (Same as last) So off she went to a gearbox rebuilder who does Drag cars, burnout cars etc.
She was fitted with;
1) A new probably-Bigger-Than-Need-Be trans cooler (which he highly recommended for the VE V6)
2) Heavy Duty Torque Converter
3) And all other worn components replaced with heavy duty components
I was told she could now be driven in selective shift, do some 1/4 mile runs and even track days as he built it to be .. well.... lets just say 'enjoyed'. I was told it'd drive like a completely new car when it was done and he was right.
I picked it up 2 days before my bday (JAN 13th) with a nice price tag of $3700 which was worth the money.

NOW;
The ute its about to go some small cosmetic changes as well as some performance changes which I will post up :)