Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Berlina

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
G'day guys, how are we all?

I've been around here for a little while now, and having finally completed my audio system and after having a little work done on the car, I thought I'd introduce you to my wog chariot :king:

Its a S1 '91 VP Berlina V6 auto with 245,000 kms on the clock, still running like a dream. I've had the car for over 6 years now (since I was 18), and will never get rid of it.

Engine and exhaust is stock as a rock - for now, but some of the work which has been done on the car in the past 12 months is:

- Full respray, of which the insurance covered half due to a low-loader making a mess of my passenger side :ranting: This actually worked out in my favour as the old paint was faded, as bad as i'd ever seen on a VN/VP, and I basically only had to pay for the un-affected (from the accident) panels, which included roof, boot, and drivers side.

- Window tint

- 17" VT Calais Internationals on 235/45/R17 (bought on this forum)

- Lowered on King Spring Lows with Monroe short shocks.

- Stereo consists of Alpine 9833 HU, Boston SL60 front splits, 2004 Alpine Type-R 12", Vibe BBII, and a JL 500/1. Was not built for show, hence the basic installation. Boston tweets mounted in the 4" factory locations on the dash. Tweets are firing up towards windscreen, sounding awesome of course :whistling: Future upgrades (if any) will be minimal. Possibly a G2-12 or an IDQ12, but not for a little while.

Have big plans for performance upgrades for the future, possibly 12-18 months time. Involves a full rebuild so it can handle around 9 psi, driveline, brakes, manual cog box, etc. and a little help from Mr. Powerdyne :wave:

So there it is. Tell me what you think. Any advice or opinions appreciated.

Some pics (56k warning):

edit: pics removed

Last edited:

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
nice, i wouldnt mind a respray, show us some pics of ur car interior, and sound system..i didnt read all of ur words (picture says a thousand) so if u mentioned interior pics, soz...

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
Here's what I got. The amp board was made for a different amp, hence the holes on the side, and the fire extinguisher needs mounting, but you get the idea :)

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Man thats a hella nice Vp, looks really good with those international on it and lowering job done!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Makes my VN look sad, but that's not hard.
Your car looks great, nice paint job (and Colour)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
cars looking good buddy, should be happy with that!!!!!!!!

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
Thanks guys. I'm quite happy with how its turned out:) . Its all work thats been done in the past twelve months. Of course i had planned to do it earlier, but never had the cash!

Rims are in mint condition. Picked them up from 'holdensupporter2005'. I had seen a few sets around, but most quite rough, and at least one out of the set all scratched up. These were worth the drive from Melbourne to Wangaratta!

The paint, I would have liked to have a pearl put over it when it was in the shop, but by the time i made up my mind, the clear had already gone on.

Suspension. Well, superlows would have been a bit impractical for me, plus i'm happy with the ways its sitting.

:)

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Whats with the pics removed?