Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VP SS...

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Thought i might come on and update this...

The car now has a 3000rpm stall, has run 14.4 @ 94mph on a 35degrees day with a rooted ignition system... So with some 3.45:1 gears, some valve springs (stock springs dont like revving to 5000rpm, let alone 5600-5700rpm lol) and a more agressive tune, i might be able to get that 13 second pass...

If not, i will just do it in my VZ SSZ :)

Dam, it has been a while since i have been here...

Marc, if your still around, the gilmer drive is still going great. We will have to catch up some time, if you still have your SS, and get some happy snaps. I got a mate that has a white VP SS aswell, and it is as tidy as the day it left the showroom floor. Bloody mint :)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
tuff car man looks like the whits international only tuffer 'cos of the red pin stripe.
put the 383 stroker kit in her and she'll fly then, works out to almost a 6L i think with a **** load of tourqe. plus you can still run a small cam so it's half decent on fuel still.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
love the ss matem top job with the spats, im proves the look of any vp so much. good work

timm0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh327, vb253, vkefi5l, vn5l

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
tuff car man looks like the whits international only tuffer 'cos of the red pin stripe.
put the 383 stroker kit in her and she'll fly then, works out to almost a 6L i think with a **** load of tourqe. plus you can still run a small cam so it's half decent on fuel still.

Cheers mate. 383ci is closer to 6.3Ltr (about 6.27, to be precise). But nah, that is more money then i have to spend on the old girl right now, unfortunatly. I might be selling it soon. If not, itll be coming off the road for a long awaited overhaul.