Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP "Toolbox"

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Tail lights!!!
I've settled on my tail lights for the toolbox,
I'm not a fan of the altezza style IMO it just doesn't suit the body shape, so what I did was purchase a rhs standard style cluster with the clear lens and gave the centre section a good dose of red lens tint.
I'm quite happy with the outcome - maintains the factory look but with a little flair I reckon!
What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367131663.325364.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367131688.398448.jpg

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Tail lights!!!
I've settled on my tail lights for the toolbox,
I'm not a fan of the altezza style IMO it just doesn't suit the body shape, so what I did was purchase a rhs standard style cluster with the clear lens and gave the centre section a good dose of red lens tint.
I'm quite happy with the outcome - maintains the factory look but with a little flair I reckon!
What do you guys think?View attachment 160253View attachment 160254

new taillights look good. hows the tool box going?

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
new taillights look good. hows the tool box going?

Not going very far right now, left the glove box off when i was mucking around with the stereo and forgot about the globe! plus it seems every time I get a bit of money saved something happens to the current daily driver or the house... Worse case scenario I will have to wait for tax to finally register it. But at least she won't be slapped together I suppose! On a positive note the longer its taking the more thought I can put into it!

Hopefully next weekend I get a chance to start mocking up the centre console!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Not going very far right now, left the glove box off when i was mucking around with the stereo and forgot about the globe! plus it seems every time I get a bit of money saved something happens to the current daily driver or the house... Worse case scenario I will have to wait for tax to finally register it. But at least she won't be slapped together I suppose! On a positive note the longer its taking the more thought I can put into it!

Hopefully next weekend I get a chance to start mocking up the centre console!

yeah i couldnt count the amount of times iv left my glove box out and drained the battery.
always a plus having time to make sure you get it done correctly first time around.

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Finally got some money to spend on the toolbox,
Drove an hour to Harvey's wreckers (there are a few closer but I decided to stick with one I know) and came home with a few goodies:

Front bench seat & belts -as much as I was looking forward to building up a console I thought reinstating the 6 seats would be wiser just in case the wife's falcon needs work.
Drivers door window seals
RHR external door handle
Throttle position sensor -auto is hanging on to gears, thought I'd cross my fingers and give it a try before spending more $$$
Drivers grampa-spec weather shield -looks tacky I know, but saves me getting a wet bum when I leave the window open on site...
Power mirror switch (I couldn't remember if it was the switch or the mirror that was the issue -after fitting it I immediately remembered it was the mirror- oh well, at least I have a spare switch now)

Also grabbed a few little things that For the life of me i can't think of right now, and also got an indicator and number plate surround/handle/lock actuator for the wife's car (thanks to bob janes for reefing on it and breaking it off - next time they should try jacking up both sides of the car before opening the boot)

All that for $150 which is pretty good considering the last bench seat I saw on eBay was over that by itself!

Finally some progress! I may even get to register the thing within the decade!

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
A busy weekend:

Here is a quick summary of what went into the toolbox:

Bench seat and belts
Super awesome Grandpa-spec weather shield
Drivers window seals
Right rear door handle
Throttle position sensor
The radio is all wired up!

I have a new steering rack sitting there ready to go, and waiting on the harmonic balancer to arrive (which was purchased before the rack, yet didn't get shipped until after the rack arrived) as well as new cogs for the odometer... Then it should be close enough to organise the roady!

Speaking of the rack- I bought it from troubles wreckers, which I've got stuff from before and as always they have been awesome to deal with. The courier company on the other hand (e-go.com.au) are absolutely hopeless- they sent me a consignment itinerary with the wrong address, of course there is no bloody phone number to call them on so I sent them an email outlining the issue, I got an email back stating that it would be passed on and corrected. Just to be sure I notified the wreckers and they also notified them of the issue and were told it is all fixed. The day of delivery I got another email with the wrong address still shown, and not that long after I got a phone call from the driver asking me where on earth my house is- bloody lucky that the wreckers gave them my number otherwise I wouldn't have got my rack... quite peeved off that after numerous attempts to rectify it e-go still couldn't get it right!

Last edited:

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Replaced the harmonic balancer today, took 3 hours to crack the bolt, an hour to pull it off (after having to modify my brand new puller) and not even 5 mins to put it all together again... Also replaced the odometer cog- was a lot easier than I thought it would be! Just going to fit new bulbs before whacking dash back in and then just have to fit steering rack and weld new battery tray in and hopefully ready for roady!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374907150.770455.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374907150.770455.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374907165.234685.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374907165.234685.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 235