Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vq statsman project.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Name: Travis.

Car: 1991 Holden Vq S2 statesman.

Engine: V6

Gear box: Auto.

Wheels: Vy senator.

Intirior: Standard mint.

Intirior mods so far: Momo steering wheel . New low Pedders . Suposed to have V8 throttle body... Mismatched wheels . Tint on 1 windo . Sports exchaust with oval tip . Chip tourque memcal in clove box :D . 2 Hole mod . H4 white head light globes . Lsd diff . Long range tank . Sub amp wires all ready in car. Decent cd.. sv 90 front spoiler . Full lip kit. And all the other goodies.

Owned: 10 hours.

Future Mods: Fit Vy senator wheels tommorow. Clear indacators (owned) Chrome intake (owned) Possably de badge s2 emblems . Up grade bonnet badge . Needs cut and polish . Repair front lip . Duck tail wing . Paint brakes anondize blue (tommorow) and spray wheel arches . Fit my other garnish with no cracks . Fit my Pioneer dvd fusion 6x9s but might not has new clarions . Fit sub and amp . Vy ss pedals . Caprice grill . Stand up bonnet badge . Fit my older style vn Momo. Pull carpet out and clean same as seats etc . Paint tank silver and black. Paint Group a bonnet boldge. And paint hsv gaurd moulds.

Note the green vp was a bonus its ###### I will pull a few bits off it and scrap it for $350-$400 it has living tadpoles on the front floor :spew: Possably the most stuffed vo in aust. But the garnish has not one crack its mint and so are the tail lights :D.
Today i have brought some mettirials. Vaccumed. Degresaed and girnied engine/bay Washed cleand door jams boot etc. Came out good just too dark to take some pics.
SAM_7786.jpg

SAM_7787.jpg

SAM_7785.jpg

SAM_7788.jpg

SAM_7784.jpg

SAM_7793.jpg

SAM_7791.jpg

SAM_7789.jpg

SAM_7796.jpg

Any ideas on mods etc are welcome :).
Cheers Travis :spot on:

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey mate if you need any parts let me know im wrecking a series 2 vq stato

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok spent 2 days detailing and spending money.. Brought vy senator wheels fitted them. Painted the brakes anondized blue and black also the wheel arches. New mats amour all vaccume window cleaner etc. Oil change and filter. Painted the tank and straps came out mint. Fitted the pod and intake (dont hate) i know there rice but you should hear it. Me and Dad polished it came out excelent. Degresed the engine and bay came out great and no oil leaks or water leacks :D still have to do the roof tommorow. Painted scraped wire brushed the boot floor and put all mint vs calais boot carpet in. And got the rear window chrome and side and fitted it. Brought new tail light looms. Sik_Cordz dont need much tbh i will let you know. Cheers Travis.
Old pick when the side wasnt finished i will upload more tommorow current shots.
SAM_7838.jpg

SAM_7827.jpg

SAM_7818-1.jpg

SAM_7816.jpg

SAM_7830.jpg

SAM_7823.jpg

SAM_7825.jpg

SAM_7832.jpg

SAM_7839.jpg

SAM_7841.jpg

Crappy pics... But looks 100 times better.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
no probs mate

just curuious what size is that tank 80 or 90 ltr

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not too sure i think 80 ltr long range.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Put in new plugs and leads. Oil & oil filter. Flushed the radiator and put in coolant. Done one side of the moulds with chrome tape. Took it for its 1st drive and it goes great and sounds sort of like a 8 :D.

Last edited:

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
huge difference mate, well done restoring this vq back to life

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Damn that's a transformation!!
I'm liking the new wheels, makes it look so nice.

Only thing that lets it down, is the blue on the brakes... But to each his own.
As for mods...

How about a newer CD player, the old one lets down the interior a little.
LED lights in the foot wells and roof.
Bobtail spoiler.

GO!

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
lose the series 2 badges and maybe the statesman badges, and rechrome the side strips. boot lip. new headlight reflectors. tint. low. polish. fix front lip. done imo :)

curious, how much did ya pay for it if ya dont mind?

yeah my dream is one of these but caprice and 5L and white and bags and that all ahaha