Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR finally running again, And with Roller Rockers + ported VN heads and big valves

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
So after searching for weeks for a supplier for rocker cover spacers, A mate and I got really keen and cast a set out of eight kilos of lead wheel weights (thats just how we roll). We spent all of sunday night reassembling the rest of the car and I was only able to drive it for fifteen minutes as I had to drive 4 hours to my new job in masterton the next morning (Took the VS instead which split a trans cooler hose and lost all its trans fluid, I had to bypass it on the side of the road in the rain and continue on without it - but thats a story for another time).

Heres pics of the spacers - if anyone is interested I have more pics of the moulds and how we cast them too.

The car goes hard with the rockers + heads. I think the next trick will be an intercooled SC14 with a truck diff switch to activate the blower (a-la mad max), then hopefully I will get on to this 1jz conversion for the VS.

I dont have a pic of the engine with the rocker covers and spacers fitted, but it looks tuff with the rocker covers so high
2ed5n2o.jpg

2m3o6dd.jpg

2wqwpj5.jpg

na3point8

Reaction score
Looks good mate they respond well to ported heads. On a side note VN/VP heads have a bigger chamber than VR 37.4cc Vs 35cc so you actually lost compression using the VN heads.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Nice man, Just standard ratio?

8kg of lead?
Sometimes I dunno whether or not to believe you lol. You take the piss so often.

BadDad62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Gen3 UTE
Last edited:

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice man, Just standard ratio?

8kg of lead?
Sometimes I dunno whether or not to believe you lol. You take the piss so often.

They are 1.65:1

And yeah, 8kg of lead in there. Im taking the covers off this afternoon so Il post pics of how well the spacers survived

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not even melted or distorted or anything. Bit of a mess of RTV on them though

w8tatx.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hehe getting closer cant wait to see what gains we get down the strip from these :D

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Any pics with it all bolted up? I'd imagine the rocker covers would look tough but its best to see a pic.

Is there a reason you chose get VN heads, port those and put them on? Why not port the VR heads?