Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vr remote wont work an the car will not start

vr_longbed_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ute
driving all day stopping starting locking exc. got home locked the car with remote came out about an hour later remote would not work. so i unlocked with the key.. engine would not crank, ive tried new battery's in the remotes, and the starter will crank if i use a screwdriver on the solenoid and will run on gas but not fuel.
im presuming the bcm or something to do with the immobilizer in the bcm

any suggestions cheers

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
the batterys are not changeabol so you must of damaged something in the remote. and i have no idea how your getting spark with no immobliser signal

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd imagine if the immobiliser is not de-activated the fuel pump will not get power so it won't run on petrol.
If the remote operates the doors then it should de-activate the immobiliser. I'd check that the metal tip on the keyhead is making contact with the metal ring thing around the ignition keyhole. When you changed the battery its possible to leave this metal tip out and then it's no-go. Keyhead battery not in the wrong way?- I've done that in many a watch!
If you can hear a slight click from the dash when you operate the lock/unlock buttons that will mean that the BCM is receiving the unlock signal from the keyhead. Another thing to try is to disconnect the car battery for 30 secs or so just to reset things.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Check for two things, as it sounds like (as hako suggested) you simply arent getting past the immobiliser so nothing is going to happen.

Check first for error codes. I would put my money on it that you have error 31, which means the key is being turned but the correct signal isnt being sent by the key head.

Check the flashing light in the centre of the console. When this is flashing the immobiliser is on. When you are starting the car, that light should not be flashing.

Perhaps the remote is stuffed, a faulty button maybe. Chances are a new remote will fix your problem (Mr minit does them cheaper than holden).

pillarless

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
try this !!

i had same probs with my vs. its to do with gearstick, car thinks its in gear, try giving it a sideways tap to the left while u have the key turned, if this works see your mech for advice on what has to be changed.

coreyvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore exec
i had same problem
soundz like ur key is stuffed mate
if you relli need to start it turn ur key to accerories and leav it for 45 min.
this will overide ur immobliser and that red light will stop flashing and you will b able 2 start ur car

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Sorry to revive a slightly dated thread, but I have the same problem as vr_longbed_ute, sometimes the button on my key doesnt work, I can still get into the car but it won't start because the immobiliser is still activated. Is there a way to permanently disable the factory immobiliser? I have an aftermarket alarm with an immobiliser and don't need two of them working at the same time. Cheers