Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR V6 Turbo

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Matt_vp, here is a photo of the cross over pipe. Its a simple setup, but works quite well. Fits nicely with the 3" stainless dump pipe.

cross%20over%20exhaust.jpg

Cheers

you absolute effing legend! iv been searching for this picture and finally found it haha cheers lol

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Social - you absolute effing legend! iv been searching for this picture and finally found it haha cheers lol

Glad I could help.

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
After being on holidays for a while, I've finally got the VR booked for a tune up at the end of the month.

Over 550km on the clock, so not long to go.

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
after seeing the 350+RWHP one over on the other forum maxing out the injectors im waiting to see the results of this puppy should be impressive im sure.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Thanks for the photo, should start on my new manifolds in the next few weeks and like the idea of using a standard manifold on the drivers side.
Good luck with the tune.
Matt

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Well there is good news and there is bad news.

The bad news is the PCV valve kacked itself, on the dyno. It pressurzied the cracnk case and spat out the dipstick then covered the engine in oil. At least there was no fire. Due to the PCV valve we couldn't get any more than 8 psi boost and peak power was at 5100 rpm.

The good news is, that the engine survived its first tune and still made a very respectable 365hp@wheels on just 8 psi.

Here is the dyno report.

dyno_365hp.jpg

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nice result mate shame about the PCV but why was it still there LOL.i see at least 400-440rwhp or more with some good boost

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ditch the PVC and get a good catch can setup. worth the effort. you only just got this thing warmed up. plenty left to find i bet