Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vs project

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Nice looking car buddy, howd you remove the side strips with what it looks like only a heat gun?

i like the rims, they really do set the car off, just need to paint those calipers for an extra 25kw

Nvs-Vs-s

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s
Did you have any trouble getting the 20's too fit ? I was considering it coz a mate has some for cheap but i was unsure if they'd rub or not aye ?

Spudz

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 97 Vs Commodore
Nice looking car buddy, howd you remove the side strips with what it looks like only a heat gun?

i like the rims, they really do set the car off, just need to paint those calipers for an extra 25kw

Haha they're a pain to get off.. One side of the car i just used a hairdryer to heat em up, used fishing wire behind the strips and cut into the glue to get em off. Then scratched the glue and stuff off with a hard piece of plastic, using some kind of polish as well.

That took me like 7 hours to do, so i thought screw this and i went and bought a caramel wheel. Its like a rubber wheel that you put on the end of a drill, so i did everything the same except for the other side of the car i used the caramel wheel to get the glue crap off which took me like 30 mins?

Re to Nvs-Vs-s: Naah haven't scrubbed the guards at all and i even got my car lowered more, still don't scrub. Shud be fine.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Haha they're a pain to get off.. One side of the car i just used a hairdryer to heat em up, used fishing wire behind the strips and cut into the glue to get em off. Then scratched the glue and stuff off with a hard piece of plastic, using some kind of polish as well.

That took me like 7 hours to do, so i thought screw this and i went and bought a caramel wheel. Its like a rubber wheel that you put on the end of a drill, so i did everything the same except for the other side of the car i used the caramel wheel to get the glue crap off which took me like 30 mins?

thanks man, im in the process of doing it at the moment, but i think the caramel wheel might of melted my clear coat abit.

Spudz

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 97 Vs Commodore
thanks man, im in the process of doing it at the moment, but i think the caramel wheel might of melted my clear coat abit.

Yeah it might a little, i didn't notice any change in mine tho. Just don't leave it in one spot for too long it heats up pretty quick haha

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Yeah it might a little, i didn't notice any change in mine tho. Just don't leave it in one spot for too long it heats up pretty quick haha

yeah it does aye, did you stop to let it cool? and how much smoke was coming off your wheel?

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
#### what everyone thinks about the lights man its your car. Personally i hate them, but on your car i dunno, it just works.