Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS s3 5 speed ute

johnda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute s3
Hey I'm john, live on the sunshine coast Qld and I'm 18, I'm new to forums and new to commodores , I've owned a few cars mainly imports, best of which was a silver r33 that had a sad ending, anyway while waiting to get my licence back I have picked up a little project, which I'm hopeing to make a clean respectable looking ute to not attract attention hopefully, have a mate with a v6 auto and i just don't like the clunky gear box, that takes so long to make up its mind, I've always had manuals and this had to be as well, after looking around for a few months i found one on gumtree, in the same suburb actully was a good price, manual v6 , what i wanted . Took a big of organising and haggiling but i bought the car that day/night for a grate deal of 1,100 , even got it delivered. Excited the next morning to have a good look at it, and I realised its had a hard life, everywhere my eyes looked, I found dints or scratch's, cracked bog, rust spots and 50 shades of white , knowing I had some work ahead i took it to work and got it on the hoist, did a oil change, gearbox and diff aswell, few bushes and stuff in the front and did some fuel lines ( Hasnt fixed the smell???) found its on pedders springs and shocks, not sure if SSL or SSSL ??? Has half a luckey exhaust which isn't to loud thanfully , but apart from that its stock as a rock, 3 seater, 160 000kms , stock wheels getrag 5 speed manual (squeeky clutch) prety sure its a base model series 3 , has no stero but fixed ax with a regas, looking past the rough edges inside and out I was pretty stoked with the deal I got , since I've got it has been thrashed slightly , enough to need new tyres and while a mate drove it home, the clutch burned out almost completely , we were able to limp it down the road and got it home , have many questions about duel mass and repcaing the cluch, flywheels etc etc, but right now as it sits I have 50% completed the bog work, almost ready for undercoat, and slowly prepping for a closed door respray , got a set of 20s to dress it up a little but one tire dosnt hold air and one rim has a deccnt chunk cracked out of it so it looks like a skid pig have been trying to tidy up some wires and install a stero and save for a solid flywheel and clutch kit. See how we go .

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Welcome to the forum. Do us all a huge favour and edit your post by putting in some paragraphs. A huge wall of text is damn hard to read so some won't bother.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Aaaaargh....text wall dnr

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
My eyes are bleeding OMG only got the first line. :rolleyes:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Quit ya moaning guys (excl clair who asked so politely). Yes txt wall suxs, but it wasn't that hard.

Sounds good John, Get some pictures up for us. I do like a good white vr/vs. so clean! I am biased though