Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vs ute

Should the trolley strips come off?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hey guys, update time, ive installed the antenna and it works great, ive just bought diff gears that are yet to go in, however some bad news. The getrags decided to start crunching second so it looks like the syncros need replacing. anyone know what sort of price id b looking at?

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
Oh what gears did ya get?

Oh no I say just pull it out and put a t5 in haha mine just snapped something inside and everywhere I went people just said to pull it out as they are a **** box and expensive to fix. I ended up getting a t5 installed and heavy duty clutch for $2200 but I needed it done urgently so probably could have got it cheaper

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Oh what gears did ya get?

Oh no I say just pull it out and put a t5 in haha mine just snapped something inside and everywhere I went people just said to pull it out as they are a **** box and expensive to fix. I ended up getting a t5 installed and heavy duty clutch for $2200 but I needed it done urgently so probably could have got it cheaper

i got myself some 3.45's :) should have some fun with them. in regards to the gearbox, i have found a getrag for 500 so i may possibly grab another. i will try and get some updated pics up asap.

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hey mate, all thats involved is removing the lhs inner plastic mudguard from the wheel well, removing the bolts on the bottom of the lhs quarter panel. then when u come across the old manual antenna just disconect the bracket and earth wire from it. then u have to go inside the car, remove the lower section of the glovebox and the bit of plastic near where ur left foot would be and u should see the 2 wires and the antenna wire. simply unplug the 3 wires and away u go.. in saying this it was a bit of a prick to do but it was worth it. cheers. I was really happy with what i paid for mine $50 bux for a gm holden one :)