Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS

Franga

Reaction score
Website
www.apollochat.com
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
Hey All,

I purchased my VS around 8 months ago. I have done no mod's engine or exhaust wise as of yet. This is next. Here's a few pic's let me know what you think about what i have done so far.

Whats been done:
New Wheels.
Compressed Springs.
Removed Wing (Had Boot Resprayed including the strip between tail lights [White]).
Had Door Handles & Mirror's painted.
Tinted Windows
1x 12" Kenwood 1500Watt Sub
1x 1000Watt Kenwood 2 Channel AMP (KAC-8108D)
2x 6.5" Kenwood 3way Speakers (in the rear)
2x 6.5" Kenwood Splits (In the front)
Kenwood Head Unit (KDC-MP6029)

Before:
before1.jpg

before2.jpg

1 Month Ago: (Day of the new wheels)
monthago.jpg

Now:
current.jpg

Stezza:
Stezza1.JPG

Stezza2.JPG

Franga

Reaction score
Website
www.apollochat.com
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
Thanks man.

Yea i saw tha Mantis rim's and loved em straight away, got them to order me a set of 18". I was considering going to a 19" but decided against it in the end. I plan on getting my springs compressed again and going a bit lower. + exhaust etc.. is on the cards next.

I am also considering getting it resprayed (unsure of what color yet) sometime early next year.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice VS mate. Looks very neat, I like those wheels too.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Yep those wheels look way better then what you had on it before, need to detail the brakes next to make the most of 18" rim. on my wifes statesman all i did was take the wheel off wire brush calipers put rag around the rotor and sprayed the caliper with engine enamel gave it 3 coats, pulled the rag out put wheel back on, take's about 45 mins to do each corner properly, looks 10 time's better.

Franga

Reaction score
Website
www.apollochat.com
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
Yea i know im doing that over the next week or 2. It definately makes the wheels stand out heaps more. I also personally think the removal of the wing makes a big difference.

I honestly dislike most wings on commodores, some just look over the top. I will admit some with the right body kit can look allright.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
if ya feeling lucky mate and you got confidence...

..remove the black door stripes

or

a better alternative is to paint over em with colour coded paint..heron white? not sure becas urs is a 1996

well guud stuff :D

Franga

Reaction score
Website
www.apollochat.com
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
Yea i was considering removing the strips. I hear there is a fair bit of work invovled. I cant decide weither to remove them or paint over them. Cause damn they can be a life saver for parking in some bloody carparks. Couldnt think of anything worse that getting car door scratches up the side of ya car.

Here is a couple more pic's.

Before:
car-back-before.jpg

After:
car-back-now.jpg

current2.jpg

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Nice ride, looks good, the strips arent too bad to remove. The main thing is to take you time when removing the strip itself and then grab urself a caramel wheel to remove the residue but be careful not to hold it too long on one spot as it heats up and marks the paint but if ur careful its a pretty straight forward task just requires some patience. Then polish the doors at least to make it all a similar colour and in ur case it should be pretty close as the paint seems to be in good condition. If your not keen for that just get em painted it will still look good and protect your door at the same time but imo removing em looks a bit better

Cheers.