Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT Berlina

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hey guys,

So my name's Tom and i just got a VT Berlina and i thought id join the club. I bought it off my dad as i did have a Lancer for my first car and blew 2k on it cause it was desperate for an engine rebuild but the car only cost 200 bucks. And i did a straight swap for the VT. Its done a bit over 200,000 kms but still going strong as we knew the previous owner and he took much care of it and its on gas so i dont need to worry about petrol costs which i do cause im 16 and 16yo pay is hardly impressive but with gas, i can save for mods.

Anyway let me know what you all think of the car :).

Future Mods list in mind -

- VX Calais rear garnish and lights or clear blinker VT lights
- Lower it on Superlows
- Aftermarket speakers (already got head unit)
- Thinking VE SS wheels as theyre not too big or too expensive
- A few little things like changing side blinkers to clear and LED dash

Im sure ill be able to add heaps more to this list down the line but no idea when ill start properly modding the car. It does have new 6x9s in the rear and a new head unit but that's as good as it gets for now.

Cheers, Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Rear plate covered.jpg
    Rear plate covered.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 250

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Nice neat Berlina mate. Looks good

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Gave it a real good clean, came up really nice.

Also, one of dad's mates has quoted me $800 for as new VE SS wheels and he will put brand new tyres on them, fit them and balance them on my car and he said he might recalibrate the speedo too so i am seriously considering that but its due for rego soon so ill sort that out soon and see how much i have left over. Farkin RTA is just a money pt i swear.

Also any more feed back would be great too :p

Attachments

• VT -Forum 1.jpg
    VT -Forum 1.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 228

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
I really like the colour, if I may make a suggestion I reckon the 18'' VT GTS wheels (either silver or champagne) will compliment it nicely. Don't rush into wheels, if your patient you will find someone who needs to sell theres quickly and get them for a good price :)

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Gave it a real good clean, came up really nice.

Also, one of dad's mates has quoted me $800 for as new VE SS wheels and he will put brand new tyres on them, fit them and balance them on my car and he said he might recalibrate the speedo too so i am seriously considering that but its due for rego soon so ill sort that out soon and see how much i have left over. Farkin RTA is just a money pt i swear.

Also any more feed back would be great too :p

If you have the right tyres on them (245/35/19, not the 245/40/10 they would run on a VE) on them then there is no need for a speedo calibration.

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I have done a few photoshops and the VT GTS didn't look as good as i though they would, the VE SS wheels looked alot better.

And i didnt know that, cheers Husky. i thought that you needed to recalibrate whenever you upsize wheels so yeah i was mislead.

Cheers guys

Attachments

• VT - VE SS Wheels 2.jpg
    VT - VE SS Wheels 2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 502
  • VT - VT GTS Wheels 2.jpg
    VT - VT GTS Wheels 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 602
  • VT - VE SS Wheels 1.jpg
    VT - VE SS Wheels 1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 643

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hey everyone,

So still on my L's but the date for when i can get my p's is approaching and it wont be too long till theres another teenager commo cruiser in the shire haha :p. Anyway seeing as im still on my l's not heaps of progress has been made on the car except for maintenance but this morning i bought a set of black vx clubbie seats, door trims, and console and put some of it in today wooooooooo. Yeah not a massive update but it definately makes a big change, they are sooo ####ing comfy its not funny. Didnt put the drivers one in cause i want to do it properly and get it retrimmed, the bolster cover is torn and the foam could be better so gonna see what i can do about it but yeah the seats are nice and although noone probs reads this i still love my car even though the **** i get for owning a commo is rediculous but kids these days are ####ing spoilt. like their parents are buying them all ten grand + cars and the kids cant even drive ####ing manuals. i was sooooo born in the wrong decade, i wanna buy a kingswood for a few hundred dollars haha anyway yeah if anyone else has any feedback, let me know. open to opinions, good and bad.

Cheers guys

Ps. who thinks the seats, door trims and console was a good buy for $200 haha :p

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 200

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Im pretty sure no one reads this but i havent updated this for a while and it couldnt hurt to. Just a few updates, the VX clubbie seats and door trims are in with the drivers seat side bolsters rebuilt and retrimmed, i put a new roof lining in it, it has a few other bits and pieces like new bonnet struts, new bonnet inner lining, wiper arms, tool kit and a few other things that just tidy it up a bit. I also have received the custom number plates my girlfriend bought me for chrissie and they are on the car and the biggest update it that i got my p's with flying colours and can finally actually cruise around in my car. Any more feedback and suggestions would be great. I am obviously looking for wheels and lowering it but just havent got the funds yet haha but any other cheap mods would be appreciated. Cheers guys :)

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 208

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi guys, if anyone still reads this i finally made another large upgrade - NEW WHEELS!! My rego is coming up next month and being a P plater i get absolutely hammered so i dont have much of a budget but managed to get these Speedy Bullitt 18inch wheels with near new tyres for $350 off ebay. They are used so they have a bit of gutter rash and at the moment they are disgustingly filthy but tomorrow im going to give them a good wash with the pressure washer and buy some chrome wheel nuts so i can fit them. Im absolutely stoked and if i have the time tomorrow ill post a pic of how it looks but attached are photos of them as i bought them about an hour ago.

Cheers guys, Tom.

Attachments

• New Wheels 1.JPG
    New Wheels 1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 186
  • New Wheels 2.jpg
    New Wheels 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 189