Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY VT Series 2 SPak Tiger Mica

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Serviced

Car has had its 140,000k service. I completed it over a week.

Replaced oil
Replaced oil filter
Replaced sump washer
Replaced coolant
flushed radiator with flushing stuff
Changed spark plug leads
Checked spark plugs (looked like brand new ngk iridum score !)
Ran injector cleaner through fuel system
Changed Power steering fluid
Checked brake fluid
Cleared 140,000k service reminder :yeah:

Next on the list is a transmission service, while im at it either a stage 1 or 2 shift kit and corvette servos

Also, My rear drivers side brakes squeal really loud when braking softly, if i apply the brake a bit harder they stop, Would this be worn out brake pads. or just dust?

Last edited:

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Nice mate. Not too loud so it shouldn't attract cop attention. I'm thinking of going a similiar setup as you. Would love to hear a video of it when driving.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah il get a video up sometime of it driving. In the mean time, iv gotten bored of my boot install so im going to jazz it up a little with a false wall. Im going to cover it in black carpet and put some orange highlights around it. not 100% on the design yet, but here is a crappy chopped pic of what the wall will look like.

suggested_boot2.jpg

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Iv been googling around and some people have been saying that the pillers that the front seat belts are in is not the best place to mount the tweeters.... so, i had a crack at finding the best spot, and i ended up with them in the factory tweeter location in the dash, Holden must have hit the nail on the head when they put them there, because it sounded the best in there. Anyway PICS!!!

24032009513.jpg

24032009514.jpg

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
good work on the exhaust mate. iv got the same setup only mine is redback brand.
in my opinion i reckon they could have a bit more grunt to them.
tomorrow night im going to gut my cat and see how it sounds (iv got a spare one if its ****)
also want to look at removing my resi.
if your interested ill let ya know how it sounds

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
good work on the exhaust mate. iv got the same setup only mine is redback brand.
in my opinion i reckon they could have a bit more grunt to them.
tomorrow night im going to gut my cat and see how it sounds (iv got a spare one if its ****)
also want to look at removing my resi.
if your interested ill let ya know how it sounds

yeah id be interested bout removing the rear resi, i was thinking a piece of pipe that can be bolted on/off whenever i please, because mine has a flare, and the resr resi goes inside the pipe and the U bolts clamps it on, So maybe a piece of pipe bent the same as the rear resi shape. So resi or no resi and should take like 10 minutes to swap.... Dunno about cost of getting a 1m piece of pipe made up tho, you would hope cheap...

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
tiny update, was having some issues with the coolant rushing to the overflow bottle when warm, turns out it was the valve on the radiator cap, so i bought a new one, $11 for anyone interested. So know i have a bling bling chrome radiator cap lol.