Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vt So Far :D

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
lol alright mate. I think i might just get a set of them signature rims:p or these rims that i saw on a VS the other day which looked fair nice, i think they are like non stock holden rims :p i dunno how to explain them but the look nice.
Anyways thanks man

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
Yeah the VE's have a 60mm hub centre hole and the VT's have a 70mm hub, so you just have to have the centre hole machined out an extra 5mm all around. Any local metal engineers should be able to do it for you. Here in Bathurst when I was gonna put VE SV6 rims on my VU they were gonna charge $50/wheel so allow about that but best to check prices where your local places are. Also be aware they wil usually want the rim WITHOUT a tyre on it to do this, so keep that in mind if you buy rims already fitted with tyres. Also make sure you dont buy VE wheel nuts for the wheels either (if you dont plan on using current nuts) as the VE's have a 14mm stud and the VT's have a 12mm stud.
Edit: Also (lol) if you buy rims with tyres already fitted, you might want to check just how well they are suited to your car. I know when i had my set of VE SV6 rims (18") they had the standard tyres that they came out of the factory on a VE on them, and I had to get lower profile tyres on them to fit under my VU as the VE's have bigger clearance under the guards then the VU did (VT would be the same)

i havw vess rims on my vt 245/35/19 i had the wheel off the other day thay dont seem to have been machined

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
how do i post a pic

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
i havw vess rims on my vt 245/35/19 i had the wheel off the other day thay dont seem to have been machined

If they are genuine Holden VE rims they have to have been. There is no way a VE rim can be put straight on a pre-VE model without it.
The tyre thing Im not 100% about, just going by what I was told by the local tyre place, so yeah is quite possible they fit fine. My VU was pretty low so that may have been why as well
Edit: Yours are also the 19'' wheels and tyres, which may fit fine. Mine were the 18" SV6 rims which come out with a standard tyre size of 245/45/18 (i think) so are a larger profile tyre then yours

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
how do i post a pic

When replying click on "go advanced" then click on "manage attachments", a new window will open, Click on "add files" , a new window will open, then click on "find files" another window will open, find your photo, click on it then click on "upload files", then click on "submit reply". It might take a short while for the photo to upload depending on size, so make sure it has uploaded before submitting reply.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
The Wheel Deal (in sponsors) sell replica VE rims which are already machined for the earlier hubs. It's probably cheaper getting them there rather than as an accessory from Holden and machining them.

Having no badges is better than having Chevy badges in my opinion ;) Hands up who can't tell the difference between a VT/VX Commodore and any other car on the road? Why do you need a badge to say what make and model it is?

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
my 5olt v8 vt vess rims

Attachments

• 200520101914.jpg
    200520101914.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 268

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
i know when i had the wheel off i read holden and 19/ 8 or something on the inside off the rim