Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT twin TB project under way

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
nice one.....should be good to see how it goes....

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
looking very neat good job.have you had any thoughts of making the link arm so that only one butterfly opens say to half throtle then the other one comes on ,might make for better drivability when just cruising round town.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
hinterland said:
looking very neat good job.have you had any thoughts of making the link arm so that only one butterfly opens say to half throtle then the other one comes on ,might make for better drivability when just cruising round town.
Thats not such a bad idea.
Somehow have it on a spring that open slowly at first then if i want can open to WOT if needed.
Might need some help on that though

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
chevy_big_block_bro said:
Thats not such a bad idea.
Somehow have it on a spring that open slowly at first then if i want can open to WOT if needed.
Might need some help on that though
maybe something like ths so dits cam at certain position

Attachments

• tb.JPG
    tb.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 228

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
interesting but now that i think of it, i need the second TB to follow the 1st one exactly the same so that TPS reads right.
Ill put it on as is for now and see how i go, if its too much of a pain to drive ill go to plan B (plan B is yet to be thought up)

MBS206

Reaction score
The unit I'm building up, will be setup so that the second T/B opens up once the first hits 25% throttle (Will be adjustable though for performance sake!)

Was originally going to change the length of arm that the throttle body connects on to, and run a second cable to it... But no, That'd be the hard way!
I'm going to run a connecting bar across, how most people do, but have the bar a bit too long, slip a spring over it, then put a nylon lock nut down it, so the bar does move through all throttle movements, but the actual butterfly won't move until the spring is fully compressed.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
MBS206 said:
The unit I'm building up, will be setup so that the second T/B opens up once the first hits 25% throttle (Will be adjustable though for performance sake!)

Was originally going to change the length of arm that the throttle body connects on to, and run a second cable to it... But no, That'd be the hard way!
I'm going to run a connecting bar across, how most people do, but have the bar a bit too long, slip a spring over it, then put a nylon lock nut down it, so the bar does move through all throttle movements, but the actual butterfly won't move until the spring is fully compressed.
The thought of a spring tensioning up to move the second butterfly did cross my mind but once again there's the problem with the throttle possition switch reading the right measurment if the second TB doesn't open up like the first one.
Only was i can see it working is somehow hook an old siries 1 (VN-VR) throttle body TPS on the cable side of the first throttle body as the old buick motors TPS is reversed to the ecotec.
If you are doing it for a buick motor then you use a ecotec TPS.
Get my drift?

MBS206

Reaction score
I'm donig it on a Buick VR motor.

As for the TPS, why can't you put the TPS on the first throttle body?
I'm going to be running the standard throttle in the same spot, and putting the second one on how it is done in the other thread. Therefore, I have no TPS or anything on my second throttle...

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
you mean your going to have 2 coming out the back .
If the TB's arent side by side then its fine, if they are you'll need a rod connecting the 2 in the middle and the TPS needs to be on the outside of the second TB

The one below could be setup with a second cable or spring off the 1st butterfly.
If your doing it this way you'll be fine with the TPS where it is
attachment.php