Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT - VTEAZN

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
hey mate.. its a pity your not in SA because i know of a few people that have/are fitting VE rims to their vts/vx's etc... so they would be able to help you with places but yeah

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Okay, rims have been ordered! Genuine HSV VE R8 19's :D 19x8 for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear :D

ruggj, was going down a straight street and didn't expect as much power as I got... completely my fault... hit a parked truck

bpottz, I know quite a few people that have fitted VE GTS 19/20's but they've all been sets of 19x8's or 20x8's... I'm trying to fit on 19x8's at the front (I wont have a problem there) but I'm trying to put 19x9.5 on at the rear which is where I'm going to hit a few problems... I saw someone on here did it but I'm wondering if the rims will scrape on the archs when the rear sits down when the power is put to the road...

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
that turbo's MAAASSSSSIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEE

btw nice rims mate, i like the height to, the car sits just right!

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok guys well I've been looking through here and seen some decent cars so I suppose its time to post a few pictures of my street legal weapon...

vteaznll4.jpg

More pictures in next post...

farrrrk man, thats a sweet ride!!!

how much power does it make?

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
hey man how did u get along with finding someone to machine the centre bores out? If you're still looking for someone give payless tyres at chullora a ring and they'll be able to do it for ya. They did mine for me for $12.50 per wheel which i really couldnt complain about! So yeah if you still need somewhere now you know...

Also any closer to a dyno run or going up the strip? Cant wait to see how it goes!

Oh one more thing, which come crank are you running, the cast or the billet one? And what have you been told about either's boost handling capability?

Cheers dude

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Hey mate

It was a funny story actually with the machining... I purchased the rims interstate and they already had tyres on them at the time, the place sent them away to get the tyres taken off and the bloke also machined the centers thinking that they wanted him to do it aswell. They rang me up asking if I still wanted them or if they had to get the tyres taken off the other set of rims they had, I said that I needed them machined and they wanted to charge me $180 for it so I just told them that I had a place up here willing to do it for cheap then went on a ramble about how they were screwing me around and in the end I got the wheels sent up machined for no extra cost :D

I've got $2000 in my bank to get the accident fixed (and guards rolled) which should be possible, going to try to go to the smash repairers after I get tyres if I get time to get a quote and if its low enough then I'll put the car in next week/the week after.

I've already got another $1500 in the bank ready to get the car retuned/dyno'ed etc at CV but I'm waiting to get the smash fixed and guards rolled so I can fit on the new tyres because the current tyres are bald, so I'm assuming it would just slip on the dyno.

Then by the time all that has been done, I should have saved up enough to finish up and get the car on the road fully :D

So I'm looking at hopefully 4 weeks until its finished... but who knows?

PS. girlfriend now has a job so now my money can go to the car!

Last edited:

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Okay got the tyres done today... cost me $220 per front ($440) and $270 per rear ($540) so a total of $980 for the tyres

Front: Kuhmo 235/35 R19
Rear: Kuhmo 275/30 R19

Pic1:
n684530253_7570656_1308429.jpg

Pic2:
4914_201681925253_684530253_7570632_1742905_n.jpg

Once again... I was told that these wouldn't fit on the car... Hope I can prove the guys at Tempe Tyres wrong easily...