Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT - VTEAZN

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
what mods did you have to make to fit the intake manifold facing the other way?
can you just rotate it and bolt it straight on?

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
Very nice setup u got there... those new rims look a hell of alot better then the old ones.

i was love to do a spray job like bazzas on ya car :whistling :thumbsup:

great job man cant wait to see the dyno slip.

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
haha, stupidly enough i'm actually considering it... Tomorrow after work i'll get some pictures of the dodgy paint thats going on with it at the moment, and I've finally came to the decision I dislike the colour... I'd love black with a black/red interior combo...

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
haha, stupidly enough i'm actually considering it... Tomorrow after work i'll get some pictures of the dodgy paint thats going on with it at the moment, and I've finally came to the decision I dislike the colour... I'd love black with a black/red interior combo...

that would look nice... oh and i dont think u want me and mat to paint ur car lol looks good in picks and a few Metres away but upclose... its a lil ummmm bad... but hell bazzas a burnout car as long as it looks sweet on the track :p

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
haha yeah bazza is a sweet car man, i wish i had some mates that would take on a project like that with me...

Going to see my panel beater to talk to him about a monaro style bonnet and the flutes in the guards sometime next week, and get a quote... then i'll know how long until this ones ready :D Selling my other car so all my attention has been going there :(

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Okay, just a quick little update here to let everyone know whats going on...

I purchased myself a 1995 VS ute a few days ago (pictures hopefully soon) and today, blown engine. Not only did getting the ute set back my VT progress but now having to get a new motor really kicked my while I'm down... Looks like this VT is going to take just a tiny bit longer (nah, probably a fair bit longer but who cares)

mmm... Also thought about dropping the gear from the VT into the ute... it wouldn't be TOO hard, i would assume... and it sure would produce an even bigger menace...

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
sounds good mate, hey just wondering where u got that polished peice that sits over ur radiator where the plastic stuff normally is?

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Hey those wheels actually look good on it. They look crap on the VE lol. Anyways any updates on the beast?

Do you have any pics of the rear wheels.

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Hey guys-

Sorry I've been absent, the world doesn't want me to finish this car but I'm determined!
The rims are 19x8 at the front so they practically bolt straight on (although due to my camber I had the tyres hitting the strut) but the rears are 19x9.5 (with 275 tyres) so it was a little trickier getting them to fit... When those above photo's were taken, the rears still weren't on the car thats why they weren't in the photo but last week I spent 3 days fitting them to the car! (Also did a service on my VS S-pack Ute and sold my other run around car)

So here are some photo's:

11141_305165905253_684530253_9681938_4273757_n.jpg

11141_305165295253_684530253_9681936_5428131_n.jpg

Also here is a picture of the old rear tyres:

11141_305164930253_684530253_9681930_5655557_n.jpg

Okay now the reason why I've been absent from the forums and finishing this car is that I've had a few major setbacks with money and have seen $1000's flying out of the 'car fund' but I'm pretty sure everything is covered now so I should be back on track *touch wood*. Also, I've broken my ankle and that happened on the 25th of September - was pretty bad so I had an operation and I've still got another 3 weeks left on crutches before I even begin physio (this would be partially why it took me 3 days to fit rims but had a really good mate helping me).

Now I think that the tints don't suit the car too well, they look too silver and reflective. I was thinking of going for some dark tints with a light trace of silver, any thoughts?

Also, if anyone is interested on how to get 9.5" wide rims on the back of your VT let me know and I'll write up a 'How-To' guide.