Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Exec SII: altezzas/lowrd/17's

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Haha, thought so. Looks pretty nice, though that new VE green its quite the eye catcher too =).

Dan.

redding08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Few new pics!

Trying to work out what I need for my sound system. Looking to spend around $1000-1300, this is what i have so far

Headunit: Some kind of pioneer that can connect to ipod $200
Speakers: I have no clue of what are the best brands for speakers or how many I want. Maybe 6x9's in the front, and 6"s in the back? :S $200-300
Amp: Pioneer/sony/alpine/kenwood brands - not sure how many watts I need for an amp, guessing higher the better. want a 4 channel amp so i can change the sub by the headunit $200-300?
Sub: well known brand 1 12" sub will do enclosed in a box - $200
Installation wiring: I know you can do it yourself, but Id rather a pro to do it to save the hassle and to make sure its tuned correctly - what places are best to do this? jaycar / stratfeild car audio / JB HiFi? Or a private business that speicalises in car audio? im guessing it will cost around $100-200, maybe cheaper if I buy all the parts from them.

Can anyone fill in the parts im not sure about, any advice will be awesome!

Last edited:

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Hey =)

For the headunit, go for the DEHP3000IB, Has full Ipod control within the headunit + also charges it for you =). Don't go 6x9 in the front, put them on the parcel shelf or something similar. With amps, go for one that has a lot of MAX Watts at the smallest OHMs, the lower the OHMs, the more punch it will have. Don't go ported sub boxes, enclosed are the best as there's nowhere for the air to go (otherwise they lose resistance). I did my headunit myself, but for everything else I'll be going to my source @ JB Hifi, he knows his **** =). Just some pointers, doesn't bother me if you take them in, just thought i'd share my piece =)

edit; new pics look nice. I need a decent camera =(

Dan.

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
I sell that one @ work, so i'll check out the specs and stuff for you today and let you know either later tonight or tomorrow morning =). MTX are also a very good brand, but you'll spend a lot more than $1300 on their stuff! Haha.

Dan.

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
nice ride man, just a few things..

...and this is just some ideas =]

de-badge it, maybe take off the side strips 'trolley strips' but they arent too noticable as they are colour coded. if it was my car id rip the wing off, sell it and spend the cash on filling the holes from behind the bonnet + boot badges lol?

will look swet on superlows, and i reckon black tail lights would suit that blue better, seeing as you have the black headlights. tint will look nice too, and a nice set of rims will set it off, do you have any wheels in mind?

love that colour looks nice man

ckeck out my vt and see what you think, its a bit rough at the monent lol!

redding08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I sell that one @ work, so i'll check out the specs and stuff for you today and let you know either later tonight or tomorrow morning =).

Cheers man!

will look swet on superlows, and i reckon black tail lights would suit that blue better, seeing as you have the black headlights. tint will look nice too, and a nice set of rims will set it off, do you have any wheels in mind?

Yeah, im looking to lower it a bit more, I think ur right,black taillights or the GTO lights would have been the better option :(. Wonder how much id get if I was to sell them.. they are practically new.

And yes, I want to get a set of 19's down the track, tho im really not sure what id like - was thinking maybe the VE SSV ones.

ckeck out my vt and see what you think, its a bit rough at the monent lol!
yeah hehe i love your VT, looks so mean :)

hey mate, hear are my lights on special at Holmart---> Chevrolet Parts
Cheers mate! wish I found them before my chrome altezzas

Mc Nugget

Aka ShiZzl3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II - LOWERED - 19's - HID's...!
And yes, I want to get a set of 19's down the track, tho im really not sure what id like - was thinking maybe the VE SSV ones.

haha, nice car mate. looking good, keep things comming! i dont want to see any stale period! haha.

if you want to see what VE SSV wheels look like on a lowered VX check my thread (link in car description below)

cheers! leave a comment too :)

redding08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
haha cheers man, love your car.. its accually where I got the idea of VE SSV rims :p