Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX has problems!!!

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
will tech2 diagonis pick up abs module fault

will the tech2 diagonis pickup if abs module is faulty and causes these warning lights to come on.
is holden the only one that has tech2
live brisbane

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the easiest way to find out if it has a faulty ABS module is
start the car & when the lights come on, is the oil light on?
if so unplug the big connector on the ABS & see if the oil light goes off.
if it does it will need a new ABS module, now there have been a few people say to remove the connector & clean it will fix it, i have never seen this as a long term repair, the fault is a known electronic issue in the module & no amont of cleaning the connector will fix it permanently

Rob

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
is it a easy job to replace the abs module . what should i expect a mechanic to charge in labour time to replace it.

vt_lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
If you open your bonnet, look on the drivers side you will see a box with some silver small pips coming from the top, its next to your cruise control. easy to change, you should be able to work it out once you see it.

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
the easiest way to find out if it has a faulty ABS module is
start the car & when the lights come on, is the oil light on?
if so unplug the big connector on the ABS & see if the oil light goes off.
if it does it will need a new ABS module, now there have been a few people say to remove the connector & clean it will fix it, i have never seen this as a long term repair, the fault is a known electronic issue in the module & no amont of cleaning the connector will fix it permanently

Rob
had a go at unplugging big connecter on abs module . can anyone or doctorbob help me .or give me a few tips . im a little afraid of braking something .

vt_lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
if you look at it from the front, on the right of the plug there is a loop, that is the clip. put a flat head in the loop and slide the clip to the right. the plug will come off then.:thumbsup:

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
thanks for tip . guess what doctor bob . pulled plug out and oil light came off . s