Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX - in my eyes finally worthy of a thread!

hsvplus6

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv plus 6
nice choice of wheels man suits it to a tee

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
gday mate love the car its sweet as :) well done!

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
UPDATE: Just purchased a set of a set of Yella Terra 1.95:1 high ratio roller rockers. Should arrive next week so it will be interesting to see if they make any difference. stay tuned!

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Installed the rockers last week so the car has had time to get used to them and you can definately tell the difference. Revs out more freely, smoother acceleration and more power. definately worth the money.

Also on my way home tonight, had a chance to see if they made any difference against a vs commodore that rocked up next to me. Pulled away from him easily with a running start and did the same with a standing start. Definately more stick mid to high range. The vs seemed to have an exhaust and the usual (lowered, rims etc) so power would have been similar i reckon before the rockers went on

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I seen your car on youtube, Nice sound you have there..

Plan on doing any more vids with the RR installed?.

Na havent thought of it, but probably will, just to see if it sounds any different. Would rockers have an affect on the exhaust note?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Na havent thought of it, but probably will, just to see if it sounds any different. Would rockers have an affect on the exhaust note?
@ idle probably sound the same, But pressing it??, Maybe a touch differnt with it building revs faster?.
Oh yeah registered for round 3 of the Holden Dyno days in SA on october 18th. Will be interesting to see if i can improve on the figure of 126.3rwkw i got last time.
Check it here -

Dyno Shootout > Results > Holden after Round 2
Way to go, I'd give you the win over the SV6:thumbsup:.

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Way to go, I'd give you the win over the SV6:thumbsup:.

Thanks Mate! Yeah that SV6 is owned by a mate of mine, and it goes hard! Not really in the shootout for rankings though, it was just cheaper than goin in for a normal dyno run, so we thought why not, but because theres hardly any v6's that enter, we are ranking in the top couple of cars for the v6's in Aus. Pretty funny actually, i would like to see some more v6's give it a go though and up the competition!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I think many V6 drivers are scared off by large ego driving V8 owners:p.

So you got 126rwkw with only CAI Full Exhaust system?. Man that says a lot for the car or the exhaust you got was a Pearla,

I thinks that's pretty impressive over stock, Them Roller rockers should ad some spice and get you over 130rwkw easily.