Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Ahh hey rch-13z, its been a while since I've really done a bit! Been lurking in the shadows!

Cheers mate, will definately get into it, hopefully tomorrow, weather permitting!! Now I have the VH on stands with the engine bay in the works, I've been putting off finishing the doors... As I think I'll have to tear all that bog back out to bare metal - nothing a grinder and wire wheel won't take care of!

Its been like that for too long and too many rains, might be rusting?! (And the thought of doing all that sanding again isn't really appealing, lol)

But this girl needs paint!
Was the main reason I didn't get involved with the Photoshoot, wanted to, but this poor girls in ruins just about, lol! interior/top half almost done, but a couple of tricky bits I've been putting off aswell...

Hopefully pics tomorrow arv!
Cheers for the 'kick in the butt' too!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH or VY? u really dont like handles hey !

For some reason it looks like I HATE door handles, but I don't really.... :hmmm: Even my sister's HQ 1 tonner has shaved door handles.... :smoking:

lol, sorry, I wasn't real clear on that one was I?!! Now that I have the VH back in motion (not literally...) up on stands - working on it, I keep putting the VY off, the VY's two drivers side doors are only in bog - not primed or anything...

I prefer to do 'fun stuff' lol got stuck intot he VH's engine bay today, and under the front inner guards, and yesterday was a bit rainy.. So no work/updates on this gurl.. :(

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, finally got sick of looking at a cracked/rusted VZ 'SS' side indicator flute... :(
And sick of sitting inside watching the rain stop progress... So this was what got worked on, being the only thing I could bring undercover, :p

I had the mindset of having another go at installing them into the guards, with fibre glass on both sides, and maybe a few holes drilled through the guard for more strength.. But when I was trying to pull it out I snapped it in half - turns out it was securely fibreglassed in, lol, I just needed to glass the front side to stop it cracking... But I had left it too long, and it was starting to rust, so out it came.

Sooo, a few hours later, and some panel beating - the guard warped heaps bad - it literally twisted, lol.
But thanks to my trusty panelbeating hammers/dolly's it came good!

This is how it looks of tonight, two layers into it. Will hopefully mount it tomorrow, if the weather permits, and block it flat with the doors - to match the shape perfectly. It's pretty much the shape it should be, just want to check it, and fill in a few pin holes.

P3100024.jpg

Now, to shave the ariel or not to... :hmmm: lol, nah, going to keep it I think!

P3100017.jpg

Welded both sides, the inside first, (its the messiest weld - filling in gaps etc...) then just tacked over the front of it. Rust proofed, primed, seam sealed - to keep the water from sitting ontop/around the welds - might help it a bit?

It makes it a hell of a lot easier to panel beat when you can take the panel off the car, and get to both sides easily! :)

P3100027.jpg

B

BXHD

god i love this thread <3

i wish i knew how to be my own DIY panel beater! i have some awsm ideas for mine :D

hurry up and paint it that two tone dammit :D

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Aww, thanks BXHD!! :embarrass :)
Where's your thread? Going to start a new one?

lol, you could be a panel beater if you tried?! I didn't know that much, but I'm learning heaps as I go :spot on:

And, I agree, it needs paint. ASAP. Its a toss up, I still love the two tone, but there is one other car, (similar colours, in Melbourne i think?) so I was trying to think of alternatives...
For 5 mins, it was going to be solid (non metallic) bright orange, Cheaper/easier.
Then something with a Red Kandy over a coarse metallic flake silver, Expensive/harder.
Then Stocko Delft Blue, Just boring. :p
Then it ends up back on the two tone, wiith my head doing these ones - :bomb:
:D

B

BXHD

hmmmsss well apparently plain down the middle two tone is on the way out. its been over done.. but i think the tribal joining it looks retarded lol..
i love the idea of the red with the flakey silver...
PEW PEW WHAT ABOUT CANDY APPLE RED OVER CHROME :O hahahaha.
that would be differesnt.. theres crhome paint yeah? think i seen adds ages ago through H.O.K i just dont know how expensive/hard it is.
spose it depends how out there u wanna go but im loving the blue over silver.. or chrome.. like the photoshop looks.

or that red over flakey silver and some out there pinstriping... OMG matte black over something with chrome striping <3

YouTube - ls3 cammed 1LOCOLS3

haha well good luck with deciding!!