Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I like option 2 or a nice black. Everything looks good in black. Go the black rims for sure though. Looks heaps better imo.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I Agree Go With A Realy Dark Blue Or Black With The Black Wheels And Darker Tint

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Been thinking about it all day so far,

I saw another Vy in delft blue - it looked like it was garaged since new, soo shiney and a nice, deep blue, didnt scream out look at me, but looked very tidy, and with no handles it should look even better lol... maybe a flake, not sure on that one so far?

So these are the definatley going to happen:

Black wheels,
Darker windows,
Chrome strips around the windows, VZ Calais type,
Lower - either SSSL? do they make them? lol, or airbags when money permits,

But not too sure on the paint colour, Im sort of thinking about it more now, other than just saying "full respray" It might just be worth doing the doors shut respray back to blue? save the hassel of doing the door jams/boot/bonnet - inner guards... they could be a pain...

Maybe tint the Delft a bit darker? like mix up the paint to delft, then just add a set amount of tint to the 4 litres???

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Been thinking about it all day so far,

I saw another Vy in delft blue - it looked like it was garaged since new, soo shiney and a nice, deep blue, didnt scream out look at me, but looked very tidy, and with no handles it should look even better lol... maybe a flake, not sure on that one so far?

So these are the definatley going to happen:

Black wheels,
Darker windows,
Chrome strips around the windows, VZ Calais type,
Lower - either SSSL? do they make them? lol, or airbags when money permits,

But not too sure on the paint colour, Im sort of thinking about it more now, other than just saying "full respray" It might just be worth doing the doors shut respray back to blue? save the hassel of doing the door jams/boot/bonnet - inner guards... they could be a pain...

Maybe tint the Delft a bit darker? like mix up the paint to delft, then just add a set amount of tint to the 4 litres???

Yer Man I Got SSSL In Mine

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
i rekon a candy apple green? or the gold one looks nice and its not a color u see in the vy/vz range so u will be very unique

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL rch-13z, I know I know..
Unfortunately not too much to update

When its been sunny beautiful days, I've been inside painting, and now that I want to/have time to work on it, its freekin pissing down raining!! aaarrggghhh!!

Basically, still the same, just bidding on some goodies for her on ebay, a chrome number plate garnish - not finished yet, so see how I go, a few interior lights - the sunglass type holder out of the VZ's in black! I have plans to do the interior in either faux (fake) suede or velour?? and the rear courtosey lights near the 'grab' handles, a console light, some satin silver interior door handles, and satin silver handbrake and auto shifter covers...

I even rang holden and got a price on the chrome window surrounds, from the VZ Calais, $422 all up!! soo maybe not? have asked someone on ebay what price they can do on some new ones, but doubt it'l be any better?

Yeah Archers, I like the look of a candy green, but TUK20's has already done it, its a VY with shaved bits, soo it might be copy'ing?! lol And I do like the goldy colour, but im not sure if its too close to a ford colour? maybe tint it a little bit differently? Not too sure?!!

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Hey man are you going to come on the cruise on the 5th july if so maybe we cam meet up somewhere before and cruise on down together in our multi-coloured commys...lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, yeah, it looks like im still going to be able to go to it so far...

I've gotta do some serious work on it though, get the interior back together, maybe even re-trim most of it? depends on funds...

And ill try and get the whole thing both sides in 2pack primer, so at least its only two different colours, lol, (the delft, and ONE primer)

Where does it start? in Newy?
Meeting up sounds good, so at least im not the only patchy commy!! lol, where abouts you got in mind?

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
man zeussy wicked car, wish i knew how to do all that stuff.. did you paint the car yourself? or did you get a panel beater?