Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vy Clubsport

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Traction is a problem. Anything over a 2500rpm launch ends up in smoke! But that is running my 19inch Bridgestone Potenza's. I am going to buy some 16inch rims, and run some different tyres. It is pretty expensive dropping 2nd gear burnouts on 19inch tyres!

How will you get 16's over the rear brakes?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

YBNV.4

"S1NGLE"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais / VL Calais / WB Deville
its not cheap droping skids on 15" slicks either i found out sunday LOL

but there was no axle tramp at all and no loss of grip, griped to well that it boged down but that would have been the 13psi i was running in the slicks LOL

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
Traction is a problem. Anything over a 2500rpm launch ends up in smoke! But that is running my 19inch Bridgestone Potenza's. I am going to buy some 16inch rims, and run some different tyres. It is pretty expensive dropping 2nd gear burnouts on 19inch tyres!

i think you should get 12 on them tho i got a 2.1 60' on my 17" and not any sign of traction issues i think i could get a 2.0 maybe even 1.9 if i was lucky. you 19" should have more surface area than mine so i think if you put it all together well you would get a 12 on them. and i didnt do a 2nd gear burnout just first for about 4-5 seconds thats all it needed not even any smoke. unless our track has more grip.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
As above. Your car has the same brakes as mine, unless you have aftermarket brakes? , so 16's do fit. It has been covered many times on other forums.

Err, Senator sigs have premium brakes, 343/330. The 17's do not clear.

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
Err, Senator sigs have premium brakes, 343/330. The 17's do not clear.

Below is the spec list off the HSV website for a VY II Senator Signature

BRAKES

Anti Lock Braking System (ABS) Standard
Premium Braking System: 343 x 32 mm ventilated and cross drilled front discs, 315 x 18mm ventilated and cross drilled rear discs, Four piston HSV embossed front and rear callipers in HRT red, Silver finish front and rear hubs

Below is for a VY II Clubby

BRAKES
Anti Lock Braking System (ABS)
Performance Braking System: | 330 x 32mm ventilated and grooved front discs, HSV embossed front callipers in HRT red, 315 x 18mm ventilated and grooved rear discs

So your car has larger front brakes but the same rears. Your premium package is the same as an R8.

So I am sorry but 16's will fit.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So your telling me I do not know my own cars brakes...it has as per replacement parts 330mm REARS and 343mm FRONTS.

If you would like i could find some time to show you that a 17 inch wheel WILL NOT FIT. Obviously these were upgraded at some stage, didnt realise stock they were 343/315. So my apoligies there. :)

Let me know if you want this thread cleaned up :)

Last edited: