Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ CALAIS!!!

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
People use the term back pressure incorrectly all the time. An ideal exhaust system will have as little back pressure as possible!!! The reason you need different size exhausts for different motors ect is to do with getting the exhaust pulsing correct. This is the process of getting the exhaust out of the motor most efficiently to increase power.

Cheers for that Torana!! for mean time i keep my one on see how it goes for a while...

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm i see. I only have one muffler on my car, and its a hi flow redback muffler. But, for a 6, for it to sound loud and deep, your going to cop some drone. As long as its not tin/rattly sounding, then it's all good. Low end torque is all to do with the extractors I believe.

Have you decided on the 2 hole mod for sure?

Cheers torana355 for clearing that up.

Yep i did it 2day!!! cant say masssive difference as yet but will test it out 2moro on a National park run..

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
Car is looking sweet mate! do you have any issues with the 9.5's rubbing on the rear? ive got similar rims on mine but i was soft and went 8.5's all round. mine is fairly low tho, is yours FE2 height?

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car is looking sweet mate! do you have any issues with the 9.5's rubbing on the rear? ive got similar rims on mine but i was soft and went 8.5's all round. mine is fairly low tho, is yours FE2 height?

Cheers mate!! urs loook damm sweeet too was gona get that colour!! Anyways i did have issue with rubbing. Has Hankook Ventus Sport K104 in 265/30/19 and they just rubbed although these tyres dont look that wide. So got the gaurds rolled and was all good. I now have Federeal SS595 in 275/30/19 and these looks heaps wider then the Hankooks. U got Speedy Cheetah rims? The offset for the 9.5's shoud be good for the commies. Still probaly need gaurd rolling nothing major. Mine is the standard height for the VZ Calais but for some reason the rear looks low maybe springs sagged abit.

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
yeah got the cheetahs, my guards are rolled already. maybe down the track ill buy some 9.5's and see how i go. mine is usually lowered on ultralows on the rear so would probably have to raise it.

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
hey fishman88,
loving the ride mate so clean.
getting my Silver VZ calais tomorow and i have my 18" advantis to put on it. (will look pretty much like yours haha)

what mods do u suggest i do first? eg exhaust, lower, CAI etc. only have limited cash flow aswell haha.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate

Thanks for the comments.

If u like the silky smoothnesss of ur car right now? dont do anything except for rims 18" or 19". I reckon ur 18" advantis will look to small on urz really shuld be running 19" for aftermarket. Holden wheels 18" or 19" is perfect. Do the 2 hole mod and leave it for now if ur low on cash and just keep it running good...If i had a chance to go back i would spent $$ on a 2 tone paint job and lowering to suit. Also a cheap mod to get the strut brace from holden will cost u like 70 max with the 6 x nuts too. hope that helps !! Cheers!!

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Hey mate! just wondering, have you done the two-hole mod? I got around to doing it on the weekend, and i'm shocked at the difference it made. at 2500g i used to get a bit of a flat spot because of the catback, and now there is no flat spot, just pulls through nice and clean. If you've done it, i'm curious as to your observations...

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate! just wondering, have you done the two-hole mod? I got around to doing it on the weekend, and i'm shocked at the difference it made. at 2500g i used to get a bit of a flat spot because of the catback, and now there is no flat spot, just pulls through nice and clean. If you've done it, i'm curious as to your observations...

Hey yes i did it, did feel slight improvement nothing dramatic and more growl from the engine too. I did put my stock catback back on and loving the much more quiet ride... haha so have no more flat spots anyway....Cheers! Now saving for a boat.... soo no MORE SPENDING!!!

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
mate, great looking calais one of the best i've seen! where abouts did you get the chrome grille bars / how much do they go for?
cheers