Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SV6 (HBD)

S

StealthCalais

Oh nice, should put a video up of it... I'm interested to see how it sounds! Does it drone at all?

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
No drone at all.. Low Revs sounds as silent as a stock exhaust, but once i hit the accelerator it roars, and burbles a little when I gear down. I'll try and get a video up and running sometime tomorrow.

Kn10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
Looks mean!
How much did the twin 2.25 X-force cat-back exhaust set you back?
And please, get that video up

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Looks mean!
How much did the twin 2.25 X-force cat-back exhaust set you back?
And please, get that video up

It set me back 400 bucks, which i think is a reasonable price for a near new x-force cat-back don't you think?

As for the video, it should be up and runing by tonight ;)

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Update
I orded in a set of tuned pacemaker extractors today from best mufflers. Should be in by moday next week, so excited!

98VTExec

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec S1
nice mate, sound sick, hey how'd u go bout puttin on the LED's jst under your headlights?? was it difficult to wire up??

S

StealthCalais

Exhaust sounds fantastic! One of the better ones I've heard, sounds alot more 'tuned'. Good job, wonder how much the extractors will alter the output.

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
how'd u go bout puttin on the LED's jst under your headlights?? was it difficult to wire up??
I simply soldered the LED wires to my parking light wires. I used double sided foam sticky tape to mount it under the headlights, it is very sturdy no chance of it falling out. I removed my Parker globes and just use my LED's as Parkers now.
Exhaust sounds fantastic! One of the better ones I've heard, sounds alot more 'tuned'. Good job, wonder how much the extractors will alter the output.
I was extremely impressed with the difference the exhaust made alone, the engine became noticeably more responsive and felt like a power band kicked in upon acceleration. The best part about the exhaust is that it can be loud when YOU want it to be.. cruising in 4th and 5th gear it's as quiet as can be, perfect for certain situations when u feel like you are being followed, and you don't want to draw attention. Once my extractors get delivered I'm probably going to get myself a either a 3.08:1 or 3.46:1 LSD, undecided, followed by a tune; looking forward to the improvements!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
For a 6 the exhaust doesn't sound too bad, not the usual loud fart you usually associate with V6's.
Probably because you were sensible and went for twin 2 1/4 and not twin 2 1/2.
Providing you can tune your auto then go for the 3.46's as the 3.08 (from 2.97) will make stuff all difference, you would only notice that small change at the drag strip not on the street.
Your auto has a decent overdrive so 3.46 should be fine still for economy when needed.