Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Sv6

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
It's nothing special but i enjoy my Sv6, best investment I've made :yeah:

It started life (well from when i bought it) as a standard impulse blue Sv6 with 6spd manual box, Phreddy blue dash ... and a tow bar..

So far she's received the following;
- SS-inductions cold air intake
- Strut tower brace
- 3.08 (or 3.07 can't remember :hit:) LSD to replace the crap ratio's they give you from factory
- Jay car speedo corrector
- Pacemaker extractors, twin hi-flow cats, 2.5" exhaust (Castle hill exhaust)
- Dyno tune by CHE, producing 225rwhp on United 98 E10 fuel
- Mace Engineering manifold insulator
- Parcel tray Sony 6x9's

And the stuff waiting to get bolted up when i get off my lazy rump;
- PBR Upgrade break kit (4 piston front, twin piston rear) I know it doesn't really need em but u can never have good enough breaks or tyre's!
- Whiteline Adjustable heavy duty sway bar (front) fixed heavy duty (rear)
- HID kit both high-low and high beams (not 100% if i'm gonna fit quite yet as not sure if it's legal or not.. but if merc and bmw can get away with it on bloody 4wd's why shouldn't we on a sedan!) <--- can anyone shed some light on this legal grey area?
- Fresh sparkplugs.. oil.. filters.. coolant.. etc etc.. (please don't rain this weekend, or i need to clean out garage to stay dry!) :ranting:

Future fun :yeah:;
- NEW CLUTCH!! waiting on Textralia to re-stock single mass flywheel!
- Suspension, maybe some coil-overs.. or maybe just springs n shocks..
- Nolathane as bits and pieces wear out :whistling
- Fog light HID's :devil: is that overkill?...
- Gauge pod with oil temp and pressure
- Monaro style scooped bonnet
- SS projector headlights
- ss wing
- Proper touch up job for those damn scratches from shopping trolleys and stone chips in front bar..
- Wheels.. (so many options!)
- and raptor :yeah::w00t:
the list of possibilities is never ending isn't it!

Anyway here's some fairly average pictures, the ones i took for this have decided not to play fair.. or the memory card is buggered.. Anyhoo;

Most of these pic's are fairly average, all these photo's were taken shortly after i bough the car. I'll get the good photo's up when i get them working :bang:

Attachments

• 2679215.jpg
    2679215.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMGP7240.JPG
    IMGP7240.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMGP7225.JPG
    IMGP7225.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 261
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 290
  • IMGP7263.JPG
    IMGP7263.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 302

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I can barely tell what those last 3 pics are, but the first one looks sweet.

Can you get a vid of the exhaust and post it on youtube? When I get my SV6 in a few weeks hopefully, I was tossing up between the X Force twin 2.5" system, or the CHE system. Both totally different, but both claim they sound great.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
That night shot with spoties looks good :) should try time lapse and get some good pics from that.

Alot of people stepping into vz sv6's now, and yours being a M6 :) sweet heheh

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
nice sv6, about those hid kits, they're illeagal on any car that didn't come with them from factory. There are quite a few threads about it.

That last photo, is that a wrx, falcon and yours?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Nice lookin SV6. I think the impulse blue is the best colour for them too. Would be good to get some better pics:whistling

As for the HID's, I think they are legal on cars that have projector headlights.

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
I can barely tell what those last 3 pics are, but the first one looks sweet.

Can you get a vid of the exhaust and post it on youtube? When I get my SV6 in a few weeks hopefully, I was tossing up between the X Force twin 2.5" system, or the CHE system. Both totally different, but both claim they sound great.

Yea the photo's are a tad hard to see.. i wanna get some fresh ones this weekend, don't know why my new ones won't upload to the computer grrr..:bang:

I'll give the exhaust a go this weekend, i think the x-force probably sounds a touch better but i'm told its just that little bit too big for the Alloytec.. But i's probably a bit cheaper! Either way it'll sound miles better :thumbsup:

That night shot with spoties looks good :) should try time lapse and get some good pics from that.

Alot of people stepping into vz sv6's now, and yours being a M6 :) sweet heheh

Yea i'm quite happy with the Sv6, i decided an SS was just overkill + constant money (i just can't keep my foot off the floor in an 8 :p) and i couldn't bring myself to buy an XR 6 turbo, can't be arsed pushing it every second day! :whistling

Nice lookin SV6. I think the impulse blue is the best colour for them too. Would be good to get some better pics:whistling

As for the HID's, I think they are legal on cars that have projector headlights.

To be honest i wanted Tourizmo blue.. but after buying the impulse i'm glad i did :yeah: Only problem is i have a few little scratches from some idiot smackin the car with a *#@%ing trolley :ranting:

nice sv6, about those hid kits, they're illeagal on any car that didn't come with them from factory. There are quite a few threads about it.

That last photo, is that a wrx, falcon and yours?

Well that kinda sucks.. theres a part of me that wants to risk putting them on.. we'll see..
And yes it's my mates WRX (actually not a fan but i do like this one, its not w@nker spec), another mates XR6 (can you say clunky diff..) and 'big blue' as the missus call's it.. I do have another photo taken by a mate who's a photographer of all the boys' cars (well the good ones :p), VL turbo, VU S pac, VY SS ute, VE SV6 ute, Big blue.. oh and the XR6 and XR6t (which at the time was on it's 3rd clutch, 2nd gearbox, and 4millionth diff.. later that night he snapped an axle.. i mean how do you do that really!):undead:

Anyhoo thanks for the replies, i know its not the cleanest SV6 out there, it's not the most unique, its not the most powerful, but it's good to know other people enjoy the same vehicle as i do! I will post up some pictures next week hopefully!
I also have to say this site is possible the best i have come across for information and idea's relating to the Alloytec, everyone else seems to palm them aside as they are either "missing two cylinders and 2.1L" or ppl are unwilling to let go of the 3.8! Great site guys, keep up the good work :w00t:

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
Yea as i can be bothered, and as cashflow allows.. not in a super hurry, but thats what i always say right before i get frustrated and start throwin money and time at it..