Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My WH Statesman

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Got a WH about a 2 months ago, bog stock other than caprice grill, garnish and 17 inch wheels.

Just been doing a few doing a few things to it and haven't spent much coin at all which I'm happy about.

So far put some Rockford Fosgate 6.5 inch speakers in the front n rear doors that I had in the shed. Yet to find a cheap DVD player to replace the standard deck.

Lowered it the 2nd day on some low king springs from a VU ute I had. Sits nice, not stupid low and rarely scrapes.

Put some VX HSV extractors and cats on that I had in the shed. Can't say I noticed much difference but I was bored and they where sitting there. Plus done the 2 hole mod and monaro cai that I also had in a box in the shed.

Then put a VY SS LSD in it, got this for $100. Chopped the locator off to fit the VT flange, new oil, bit of swearing with the top bolts. All in and works great. Also picked up a stainless Remus cat back for $200 from a ute that I had to add about 100mm on the tail pipes to clear the rear bumper! Surprisingly a bit quiet tho.

Then got a set of VE SS rims, got the dremel out and made them fit. New front tyres. Look good on the stato I think.

Getting a mafless tune done today. Then I'm on the lookout for a leather interior. Happy with it so far, hasn't cost much. Just a bit of time, I'll look for a baby cam soon and sum hi flow cats. Then I think I'll leave it at that.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Nice purchase. I prefer the look of the new wheels too.

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
I'm a real fan of white wh Statesmans, looks very clean

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Wait.

You used a Dremel to make the VE wheels fit???

Wow.

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Cheers guys.
Yer there's about 2 mil lip that needs to be ground down. Pretty simple if u take it easy

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Wheels look like a good match.
Any future mods in the pipeline?

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Thx mate, yer I'm thinking of a baby cam I can use with the standard stall. No idea what size yet though

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
They are a great car. Those wheels really set it off well.

I have the dark gray pewter leather interior in my Caprice. I reckon thats the one to go for, if you can find it somewhere.

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Thx mate, I think they suit it well too. Yer I want the grey leather, I've found a few on eBay for around $500 which I think is pretty decent.