Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Whipple Blown VT Senator Signature 220i

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Any developments mate??

Hi Mate,

G & J would not accept the diff without the car, as they claim they need to test drive it etc etc.....
I said you get one more go at getting it right, otherwise I'm off to get legal advice :))

I will drop it back there some time this week.........

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah bloody outh.

Hope you get it all sorted mate soon mate.

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Hey read your thread love the car, sounds like you have a lot of patience with your car. I've got a VT series 2 clubby R8 and been spending a bit of cash on it, making it really clean and tidy.

Looking at larger motor/supercharge or turbo at some stage but not going to do a thing until the maintenance issues settle down, if it keeps breaking will just sell it and buy a VE.

Keep us posted

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Mate,

Finally the Diff is sorted, G&J Claim it had a cracked Pinion.............
So they fitted a new one, and it is now Silent, like it should be!! :)

Car is ready to go back to HPF now, no vibrations, and new diff gears, I really should fit up a set of extractors first, but don't really want to spend the $1000 for them..........

As for your R8, I'd recomend a single Turbo set up, I have first hand exp with them, and let me just say I'm extremely impressed!! I can steer you in the right path if your Keen :)

Cheers, and good luck with yours :)

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Good stuff, i used G and J before and they seemed pretty good, the 2nd hand gears i put in had a tiny whine at 100KMH but nothing to worry about.

Just put a 3.73 diff in my car, I think central diffs did it, it wines at 70-80KMH and still clunky like my last diff.

Just out of curiousity is your diff clunky? I only happens around 60-70k if its in 3rd and you stab the accelerator quickly.

How much for the turbo? One thing leads to another, not sure if the trans will hold up, need to get extractors and injectors also, so about 10K I would think for something like a single or twin turbo or vortech intercooled setup, nothing really crazy 300-350RWKW would be nice. Got 215RWKW now

SVPV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina v8
Just get the extractors before you go back for the tune, you know it will be worth it.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just get the extractors before you go back for the tune, you know it will be worth it.

I'm not overly convinced. Plus I can't get off the shelf Pipes that have 3" Flanges, so it's custom only which I can't see Bang for buck Value. Sure I may get an extra 10 kw, but at what cost?? $1500 Plus :-(

SVPV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina v8
surely you should get more than that? i would have thought you should get 300 kw atw on 10psi on you 220i 5.7 stroker pretty easily? Considering the power figures people were getting on stock 5 litres with the vortechs.

SVPV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina v8
When are you planning on going back to HPF? keen to see the results

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
When are you planning on going back to HPF? keen to see the results

Not sure mate,

It was going to be this week, but I had a bad weekend in the bush and rolled my 4x4, so Senator is now my main car again.........