Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY09 VE SV6 Gearbox - Warranty

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
don't ever EVER let a sales person tell you about Holdens warranty policy... they are all full of S*#T

100% any sale is a sale no matter how they get it....

Who put the clutch in? Might also be somethin that they have done....

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
clutch wont effect the gearbox in the way you discribe sound like a selector linkage issue.

if the gearbox itsself was minced you would find it hard to select anything as all the gears are constant meshed and all the engagement rings are also fixed on the same shaft.

wores case is you selector assembly is FUBAR and needs replacing best case clip on linkage.

do not let them even try and tell you its not warrantable if it is a selector issue.

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
thanx for the advice guys... it was a pin and is gonna be fixed under warranty, the part is coming in on monday, but i dont mind waiting, over the moon that it wasnt a box.

bernie_mac3377

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
I have a gear box problem too but its an automatic VE SV6 09 model. When I start it in the morning and put it in gears it makes a whining noise (sounds sort of like a hydraulic) but after a few minutes of driving it goes away. Anybody knows what it could be?

bernie_mac3377

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
VE SV6 09 Gear problem

Hi I've got a VE SV6 09 model and seem to be having trouble with the automatic gearbox, when i start it in the morning and put it in reverse or drive it has that whining noise then after a few minutes of driving it goes away... Any ideas on what it could be? P