Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY10 SSV creaky seats

BozzySSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV
Hi All,

This is my first post. I have purchased a Karma Blue MY10 SSV and the previous owner looked after it very well and only did 75000 klms so it is an exceptional car. I have fitted the Orssom performance OTR CAI and a nice set of Versus 20" euro lace wheels in black chrome but that is all I will be doing to it.

One criticism I have is the 2 front seats seem quite creaky with the movement of the vehicle or going over bumps, has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy remedy?

Thanks.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Hi All,

This is my first post. I have purchased a Karma Blue MY10 SSV and the previous owner looked after it very well and only did 75000 klms so it is an exceptional car. I have fitted the Orssom performance OTR CAI and a nice set of Versus 20" euro lace wheels in black chrome but that is all I will be doing to it.

One criticism I have is the 2 front seats seem quite creaky with the movement of the vehicle or going over bumps, has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy remedy?

Thanks.

Hey Mate,
The seat issue could be several things.Is there movement of the seat on the seat base?The seat is held in place on the seat base by four nuts on the underside of the seat rail.Check these for tightness.It could also be the plastic seat shroud rubbing on the sill plastic,Check to see if this is making contact.Sometimes the cover for the sill panel lifts out of place.Try this and see if it makes a difference.Nice purchase though.Hope all goes sweet with it.:beer chug:Oh and welcome to justcommodores Mate.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
They greased the pivot area on mine in warranty and have not squeaked since.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hey mate I just had this problem with my ssv drivers seat, I pulled the seat out and went over every bolt, it hasnt made another noise