Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY12 Perfect Blue Colour

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I saw it yesterday at the dealership

It's okay

Noting to jump and down about

Voodoo is still nicest blue Holden ever did

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
The perfect blue looks like they've taken some overrun from the local sewerage treatment and added it to a nice blue paint batch.... Not good, I've seen it in the flesh and it makes a brand new car look old.

I was spun a story, which I don't know how true it is. However, according to a dealer here, Holden stopped providing voodoo and the dark metallic green colours because of - drum roll - the tsunami earlier this year. Apparantly the factory which makes those two colours got battered/wiped out.

Beats me how local spray painters/panel beaters are now going to be able to repair a crunched voodoo or green commodore...

Voodoo was the nicest colour holden ever did, let alone the nicest blue. I would have bought a new voodoo VE when due to replace my current VE. But they've left you with white, bright yellow, or 32 shades of sliver. Nice work, tools.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've heard that Holden actually lost money on VooDoo because the paint cost more than they charged. I think Peter Perfect would look a lot better in person as you can't see the metallic sparkly in those pictures.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Plain dull colour dont like it they should of done formula blue.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I could barely make out any metallic effect on the perfect blue I saw. And that was on a nice sunny day.

I wouldnt have thought paint was rocket science. Poor little naive me thought that we could produce it locally...