Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY14 Calais V Sportswagon

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
Thoughts id share a few pics of my 2014 Calais V 6.0 sportswagon.

Bought the car back in May with 11,000 kms.
I wanted a SSV redline but the wife wanted memory and heated seats so the Calais was the only option.
IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0197.jpg

First thing to get changed was the side flutes which i replaced for black ones and the rear tail lights which i replaced with series 2 led's. You can see the difference.
IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg IMG_0583.jpg IMG_0586.jpg
The new pedals were next to get added.
IMG_0588.jpg
Next was getting the HID's installed. Im yet to do the DRL mod but that is on the list.
IMG_3424.jpg
I then got the windows tinted and had the following vinyl wrapped in satin black.
Front grill
fog light surrounds
rear ganish
rear dust deflector
Also removed the rear holden badge and replaced the antenna with a shorter Holden Cruze antenna. (the short walkinshaw antenna wasn't giving good reception in my area)
IMG_3864.jpg IMG_3867.jpg

Last edited:

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
I was able to get a GEN F Clubsport exhaust fairly cheap which also had the bimodal valves. But after searching, realised connecting the bimodal was too hard so got the exhaust installed without the bimodal and some alternative tips added.
IMG_4147.jpg IMG_4151.jpg IMG_6526.jpg

I was able to source a set of Gen F clubsport wheels from a local tyre place. Got them for a great price and on they went.
IMG_6538.jpg IMG_6537.jpg

Lastest addition has been the walkinshaw intake and engine covers. I was able to get them off a guy wo had them on the car for approx 1000K and it was virtually brand new and half the new price.
IMG_6535.jpg

Next will be to lower the car (slightly). I have been looking at the eibach springs which seem to sit nice and not too low.

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Thoughts id share a few pics of my 2014 Calais V 6.0 sportswagon.

Bought the car back in May with 11,000 kms.
I wanted a SSV redline but the wife wanted memory and heated seats so the Calais was the only option.

First thing to get changed was the side flutes which i replaced for black ones and the rear tail lights which i replaced with series 2 led's. You can see the difference.

nice update...

ps.. hard to swap the tail lights?
did you get genuine tail lights or the LED copies around (which are cheaper)?

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
nice update...

ps.. hard to swap the tail lights?
did you get genuine tail lights or the LED copies around (which are cheaper)?

swapping the lights was one of the easiest things it did.Took 10 minutes and was a direct plug in.
These are genuine tail lights.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
swapping the lights was one of the easiest things it did.Took 10 minutes and was a direct plug in.
These are genuine tail lights.

the genuine ones still $560 a set? (price I was quoted by my local dealer earlier this year)

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
the genuine ones still $560 a set? (price I was quoted by my local dealer earlier this year)

sorry for the late reply. I got them off a guy i knew who was wrecking a car. $400.

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
I got around to getting the eibach springs fitted. Great height and love the ride. Not bumpy at all and not too low which is what i wanted.

IMG_7266.JPG

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
would like to hear your exhaust now

Like a youtube clip? Ill try to get a quick vid to let you hear it on start up / idle. Its not too loud. And i don't think its drone or loud in the car. Wife thinks its fine which is always a good indicator considering she is mainly driving it. .

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Like a youtube clip? Ill try to get a quick vid to let you hear it on start up / idle. Its not too loud. And i don't think its drone or loud in the car. Wife thinks its fine which is always a good indicator considering she is mainly driving it. .

Looks nice. What Eibach's did you have fitted? The Pro Kit or Sportlines?