Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
MY15 introduced changes on the Redline only, to be honest not completely sure what; but I have wondered whether they really made changes again for VF2 or if they just continued the MY15 setup & yelled more loudly about it.

*edit*
Hmmm, I can't find any info on it. I'm wondering if I'm completely wrong, and it's the steering recalibration (software I think) which I had in mind.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
MY15 was only power steering calibration changes only. MY16 Redline had the suspension changes.

buildabridge2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR W310, VF2 SSVR
VF Series 1 (pre Oct 14) build was the pick of the litter
- Forged Alloy wheels (dropped in MY15)
- E85 fuel compatible
- Fog/driving lights
- DVD player head unit

Most of these were dropped as a cost saving measure to offset the cost things like Paddle shift, LS3 and Bi Modal exhaust.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go back another year and you get sports seats as well. :)

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
VF Series 1 (pre Oct 14) build was the pick of the litter
- Forged Alloy wheels (dropped in MY15)
- E85 fuel compatible
- Fog/driving lights
- DVD player head unit

Most of these were dropped as a cost saving measure to offset the cost things like Paddle shift, LS3 and Bi Modal exhaust.

I'd much rather the paddle shift ls3 rear brembos and bi modal over the fog lights and dvd player. Forged wheels and e85 would be good but still rather the s2.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd much rather the paddle shift ls3 rear brembos and bi modal over the fog lights and dvd player. Forged wheels and e85 would be good but still rather the s2.
I added the paddles, rear brembos and Walky intake/exhaust to my series 1 wagon (basically Craig Lowndes edition spec). Best of both worlds.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS3 is really the only thing that's important here.
But it's a big thing! Bigger than all the other stuff put together, IMHO.
If VF2 still had L76 or L77 or whatever, I think the Forg'd wheels & sports-seats trumps flappy-paddles and bi-modals.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
The S1 forged wheels were quite costly and caused a bit of a stir when they had to be air freighted to meet the unexpected demand for the SSVR. They are a very nicely made wheel, I imagine they saved more than a few dollars ditching them :

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/holden-airfreights-wheels-factory-25km-away-misses-out-22772

As crazy as it seems, the thai cast wheels (plus the design change that I didnt like) actually tipped the value equation for me to buy an SS instead of an SSVR, but I guess Holden figured most buyers wouldn't notice or care.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
For me, Forg'd wheels are 'meh', I can't feel any difference when driving & I'm not likely to race my wife's automatic 1800kg family-wagon competitively & have never had a wheel break on me.
The biggest thing about the S1 Redline wheels (also on the VE2 Redline and originally from a Gen E GTS weren't they?), for ME, is that they simply looked a lot better. Except when chrome. No wheel looks good chrome (I'll give something on a pre-70's car a pass on that rule). When I was looking for Redlines in Regal Peacock mid 2015, so was looking through a lot of unsold 2014 cars, they all had the chrome wheels - I suspect those chrome wheels were a big contributor to those particular cars not having been sold when the colours with the black wheels had been sold. :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Funny how our tastes vary. I absolutely hate black rims and love the shiny ones.