Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've got a feeling the budget could have been found, but the sticker kit is a big nod to the HDT VC Commodores which had all bandging removed in favour of striped stickers (first Commodore to win at Bathurst - the early internal name of the MSE)

Yeah I see your point, I never thought of it that way. I still think the badging on director looks so much better though. Not to mention the long term durability advantage.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I've got a feeling the budget could have been found, but the sticker kit is a big nod to the HDT VC Commodores which had all bandging removed in favour of striped stickers (first Commodore to win at Bathurst - the early internal name of the MSE)

So if MSE was originally meant to be called 'Bathurst' edition, I'm curious as to why Holden ditched the Bathurst name for MSE?? Was there any particular reason?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
So if MSE was originally meant to be called 'Bathurst' edition, I'm curious as to why Holden ditched the Bathurst name for MSE?? Was there any particular reason?

It's no secret they are actively trying to distance themselves from their perceived 'bogan' image. That's why I suspect they used the less conspicuous 'Motorsport' moniker rather than Bathurst.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G'day Zero, from what I've read some/one member/s of Holden's marketing department considered the name Bathurst as too "macho". Hard to believe I know, even harder to believe if that person/s is still employed. Seems Toyota would disagree with that philosophy remembering the MR2 Bathurst edition, I wonder how many MR2's were sold based on that branding, though I don't need to think too long on which car better deserves the name.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Cheers tml & Martin.
I don't know about the Bathurst name being 'bogan or 'macho'. I think it would have suited the car quite well due to its heritage, unlike Motorsport which is more of a generic name. Either way the cars would have sold out in a flash regardless of the name they picked.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Cheers tml & Martin.
I don't know about the Bathurst name being 'bogan or 'macho'. I think it would have suited the car quite well due to its heritage, unlike Motorsport which is more of a generic name. Either way the cars would have sold out in a flash regardless of the name they picked.
agree 100%.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Wonder if the seat-position/memory thing will have the same issues that MyLink seems to have for keyless-entry cars, with there being two memories & being a tad confused over which one to revert to?
I haven't had any problems with the seat memory position using the different key fobs, then again I haven't had issues with my link either (touch wood).

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Just out of interest how much different do you find the GTS to the Redline besides the obvious power difference, much difference in fuel economy?
it depends on the right foot, the redline had 3.9 diff gears, full 3 inch, otr tune,30mm lowered and was a manual, used to sit around 15-16l/100 all slow city driving the GTS is an Auto stock (at the moment) and i get around 16-17 l/100 nicer to drive in every way though, i was never a HSV fanboy i used to think that they were a bit of a wank, but now that i drive one i can see the difference in them, the cars are like two complete different cars even feel more planted on the road and seem to have a lot more response to steering braking(obviously massive brakes) but the peddle is smooth just very different the moment you drive them you can notice it. The redlines are great cars too, very nice . I got the GTS because i just thought well get one now or you never will, you know 9 months more, than no more

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
^ In a way, I'll be a bit disappointed if he knows the fuel consumption of his GTS ... :D
Yeah the fuel consumption is fuel goes in the back the car goes forward the fuel goes in the back:cool: