Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

buildabridge2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR W310, VF2 SSVR
View attachment 190389 View attachment 190390 View attachment 190391Sorry about the picture quality. Some pics from my local dealers yard today. SOAG paint match was faultless in the flesh. Spitfire looks even better than the pics. First real squiz for me. I love it. Strangley it reminds me of that gooey "Slime" we played with as kids.
Spitfire (like red, white etc) has no "depth". In terms of that visual complexity, Regal Peacock for example kicks its butt. As does say SOAG or SS Blue. All awesome colours. But the impact and contrast of Spitfire is second to none I reckon.

Regal Peacock is officially finished with the orders being cancelled due to paint supplies being exhausted. Agree that the Red Brembo Calipers on the Spitfire look awesome and really contrast well against the body colour. My only gripe is the lack of chrome in the front grille which would just added a nice touch.

On the MSE front my local dealer still has both Auto and Manuals available at the moment and is not charging the earth for dealer delivery. If you want more details PM me and I am happy to share (based in SA). All directors and Magnums are spoken for and it would seem Redline Utes won't be far behind them with build numbers very limited.

Picked up my SSVR sedan recently (Heron white Stormtrooper) which is now in the driveway with my MY14 VF1. Both are great in their own way but the the forged 19's on the VF1 were an outstanding rim.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
View attachment 190389 View attachment 190390 View attachment 190391Sorry about the picture quality. Some pics from my local dealers yard today. SOAG paint match was faultless in the flesh. Spitfire looks even better than the pics. First real squiz for me. I love it. Strangley it reminds me of that gooey "Slime" we played with as kids.
Spitfire (like red, white etc) has no "depth". In terms of that visual complexity, Regal Peacock for example kicks its butt. As does say SOAG or SS Blue. All awesome colours. But the impact and contrast of Spitfire is second to none I reckon.

Bit cheeky that spitfire getting a black spoiler, trying to copy MSE

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Regal Peacock is officially finished with the orders being cancelled due to paint supplies being exhausted. Agree that the Red Brembo Calipers on the Spitfire look awesome and really contrast well against the body colour. My only gripe is the lack of chrome in the front grille which would just added a nice touch.

On the MSE front my local dealer still has both Auto and Manuals available at the moment and is not charging the earth for dealer delivery. If you want more details PM me and I am happy to share (based in SA). All directors and Magnums are spoken for and it would seem Redline Utes won't be far behind them with build numbers very limited.

Picked up my SSVR sedan recently (Heron white Stormtrooper) which is now in the driveway with my MY14 VF1. Both are great in their own way but the the forged 19's on the VF1 were an outstanding rim.
Yeah I'm a big fan of the my14 forged rims on my regal peacock redline too.
I don't want any chrome on my MSE apart from the Holden badges standing proud. Just green, black and a touch of red..

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Bit cheeky that spitfire getting a black spoiler, trying to copy MSE
Yeah hey. It convinced me to stick with my big black bat wing decision but. It looked kick arse. The whole car was a show stopper actully. It's siblings tried hard to hide the impetuous young redline behind them. But he poked his chin out and stole the show. The star among his Bro's for sure. Haha!
Ot was interesting seeing this range of colours all side by side like this. A couple of observations:
- SOAG looked the best of the 3 metalics. Hands down. Why? Chrome highlights.
- Blue was next. Why, its a bloody nice colour and it had some contrast with the black bits. A touch of chrome and it would have pipped SOAG for mine.
- Black looked boring, bland. A mere silouhette. Hining all the gorgeous curves a bumps. Like a supermodel in black overalls. It leaves a lot to the imagination. It also leaves a lot to be desired...like some chrome!
White...always a favourite. Sometimes in life you just want plain vanilla. The best white going around too I reckon. Add some topping aka MSE bits, and it's a stunner.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Thanks for posting these. Yep, your 3rd picture says it all, just glows among the company. Looks great in the sun, but not totally sure about the black wing so went conservative with my Redline (green, apart from the sub-frame I guess). And it does give me flashbacks to when the kids watched Nickelodeon!
kca-2016-slime-slo-mo-video-16x9.jpg

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi All
I was just talking with my sales Manager today and he has:
1 X MSE Auto Whilte (Heron) with 1 week to finalise factory options
1 X MSE Manual Phantom (Black)
1 X MSE manual with colour & options of your choice for 3rd quarter delivery
He's asking normal prices (like SA) and will look after you if you mention you saw this on the forum
He's a NSW Sydney Based Dealer (EEL's country)
Ask for Manav on (02) 9912 2069
Even if you're not happy with your dealer price speak to him and he'll help you out with what he got.
I think Holden and dealers have overpriced the MSE hence not sold out.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
View attachment 190391First real squiz for me. I love it. Strangley it reminds me of that gooey "Slime" we played with as kids.

Good pic and line up. Black best grey nice blue ok green yuk.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Regal Peacock is officially finished with the orders being cancelled due to paint supplies being exhausted.
Bugger! I'd sort-of held some tiny weenie bit of hope in the back of my mind that we'd, I dunno, win the lottery or something and upgrade the Redline to an R8 Tourer (the only way up with Regal Peacock). But now that's gawn too!

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Screenshot_20170224-093532.jpg
The colour match of this SOAG Calais V is what has me worried about this colour. Have seen others that are quite good though so could be a lottery.