Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Congrats mate, was there any hassle getting the dealer to not wash it n leave all the plastics? I'm still deciding what to tell them!
What did the paint look like? Faultless, or still need a machine polish?

G'day Troyziee,
No hassle at all mate, the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and went out of his way to ensure my requests were met.
As for the paint, the car was somewhat dusty when it arrived so I will have a good look over it once I give it a good wash. It will be going through a multi stage correction process when the Opticoat gets done, so that should take care of anything.

One thing that's got me stumped is the paint match on the front bar. If you have a look at the side on pic I posted it stands out like dogs balls, but when I was looking at it in person it looked nowhere near as noticeable. I think it must be the camera playing tricks.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
A few more pics...

Attachments

• 20170227_082333.jpg
    20170227_082333.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 297
  • 20170227_083741.jpg
    20170227_083741.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 20170227_083713.jpg
    20170227_083713.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 279

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
It's great that the cars are starting to filter through and even better that everyone loves their colour choice.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Ooh very nice, great colour!

Any reason why you dont want them to wash it?

Because I'm extremely fussy and I don't trust them enough to give it the same level of care and attention that I would. ie. they would probably use the same sponges/cloths that have been used to wash a million other cars.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
G'day Troyziee,
No hassle at all mate, the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and went out of his way to ensure my requests were met.
As for the paint, the car was somewhat dusty when it arrived so I will have a good look over it once I give it a good wash. It will be going through a multi stage correction process when the Opticoat gets done, so that should take care of anything.

One thing that's got me stumped is the paint match on the front bar. If you have a look at the side on pic I posted it stands out like dogs balls, but when I was looking at it in person it looked nowhere near as noticeable. I think it must be the camera playing tricks.

I'm not planning a machine polish when I pick mine up, so not sure if they come off the truck albeit dusty, but no other marks.... I'm 50/50 if I tell them not to touch it or not! So Ye would be great if you could let us know what condition it's in when you wash it!

As for the panels, I agree, photos exaggerate it extremely!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I'm not planning a machine polish when I pick mine up, so not sure if they come off the truck albeit dusty, but no other marks.... I'm 50/50 if I tell them not to touch it or not! So Ye would be great if you could let us know what condition it's in when you wash it!

As for the panels, I agree, photos exaggerate it extremely!

Yeah no worries mate, I'll let you know and I'll put up some more pics once I get it home and wash it.
It was a little dusty, but looked fine from what I could see.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I duno how you have watched it get delivered, and then leave for a day or two knowing it's there!!! It would kill me, I wouldn't get any work done!