Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Hi Martin, I would say so but never really asked. He didn't say anything about rotor/hat design, just said their rim offsets makes the wheel /tyre sit further out, plus HSV run 9.5" rear rim.
The HSV range have wider rubber I believe, that can account for wider track

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't know about others, but I am finding myself chronically paranoid and fiercely protective of this car, as it's always in the back of my mind that these cars will soon be irreplaceable if anything were to happen.
I know exactly what you mean.
The report of Regal Peacock no longer being available made it hit home; our VF1 Redline is the last in that colour, who knows there may be a couple of R8 Tourers out there (but at only double-digit total yearly build numbers there ain't many in Regal Peacock - if any), but after that - nothing. If something happens, we can't replace it.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Here you go mate... specially for you.:)
I'm finding myself randomly wandering into the garage every couple of hours just to admire it.

Hey, thanks for that :) My car will look the exact same as yours, except I will be taking off the plastic from the seats. And I will have tinted windows. Is yours tinted/yet?

That's a lot of space in your garage. No wonder it didn't take you long to clean out. I took a couple of panoramic shots of my garage today - one from the door to the house; one from the rear door; one from the front door - and I started to clean the garage slowly. I have a LOT of crap to sort and clean, and I have a 3 month plan. I also will take the same 3 shots at the start of every month until the end of May, when hopefully I will get my car. I am really hoping I can get the transformation done, otherwise no car in the garage!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

It's an absolute tragedy that these cars will soon be no more. To achieve such a level of brilliance, only to have the entire operation shut down is devastating. I cannot even begin to imagine how the designers, engineers and everyone else who put their hearts and souls into these cars must feel.
I'm really not looking forward to the future as I think it will be very depressing for us Aussie muscle car fans. All I can do is be grateful that I have lived through a golden era in which I have been able to experience the best Australia had to offer. Sadly, future generations will not have this chance.
I don't know about others, but I am finding myself chronically paranoid and fiercely protective of this car, as it's always in the back of my mind that these cars will soon be irreplaceable if anything were to happen.
Mate, what can I say. I agree 100%. It's a non-blokey thing to say this all but...I've loved Holden for over 40 years. It's not gone yet. But it is without a doubt the early stages of grieveing for me. Dedicated long term employees past and present must be deeply saddened. For me this forum has been enjoyable as a source of info, since well before I joined. But is now both supportive and cathartic. Knowing there are others out there whom share the same passion and feel the same loss.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Check this out. Just add slicks...

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

It's an absolute tragedy that these cars will soon be no more. To achieve such a level of brilliance, only to have the entire operation shut down is devastating. I cannot even begin to imagine how the designers, engineers and everyone else who put their hearts and souls into these cars must feel.
I'm really not looking forward to the future as I think it will be very depressing for us Aussie muscle car fans. All I can do is be grateful that I have lived through a golden era in which I have been able to experience the best Australia had to offer. Sadly, future generations will not have this chance.
When getting insurance quotes they kept saying to me you can save money by Market Value rather than Agreed and you get 2 years full replacement anyway - really? Then you have to explain it to them. So Agreed Value it is, sadly.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hey, thanks for that :) My car will look the exact same as yours, except I will be taking off the plastic from the seats. And I will have tinted windows. Is yours tinted/yet?

That's a lot of space in your garage. No wonder it didn't take you long to clean out. I took a couple of panoramic shots of my garage today - one from the door to the house; one from the rear door; one from the front door - and I started to clean the garage slowly. I have a LOT of crap to sort and clean, and I have a 3 month plan. I also will take the same 3 shots at the start of every month until the end of May, when hopefully I will get my car. I am really hoping I can get the transformation done, otherwise no car in the garage!

Lol, I wouldn't say it didn't take me long, I was in there from dawn to well past dusk for several days to get it like that.:)
I still had more things I wanted to do such as paint the floor, but the car arrived and I ran out of time.
You've still got a couple of months, so you're laughing.
Mine is going in for tint tomorrow. I'll put up some pics when it's done. The plastic on the seat will be coming off when I decide what to do with leather protection etc etc.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Mate, what can I say. I agree 100%. It's a non-blokey thing to say this all but...I've loved Holden for over 40 years. It's not gone yet. But it is without a doubt the early stages of grieveing for me. Dedicated long term employees past and present must be deeply saddened. For me this forum has been enjoyable as a source of info, since well before I joined. But is now both supportive and cathartic. Knowing there are others out there whom share the same passion and feel the same loss.

I've loved Holdens since I was in primary school. No other car stirs the passion and emotion in me, not even a high end Euro performance car.
I suppose I've always taken Holden for granted and thought they were too big to fail. I never thought I'd live to see the day when they shut down manufacturing in Australia, but alas, here we almost are.
The Holden brand may live on in name, but only as a shadow of it's former self. My passion will remain for anything pre-shutdown, but beyond that I doubt there will be anything to get excited over. Even if there is, it just won't be the same.
On October 20th I will have tears streaming down my face. It will be a huge part of my life gone. The only consolation is that I have their best and last sitting in my garage for me to enjoy for years to come.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
When getting insurance quotes they kept saying to me you can save money by Market Value rather than Agreed and you get 2 years full replacement anyway - really? Then you have to explain it to them. So Agreed Value it is, sadly.

Yeah the 2 years new replacement is useless for us. Could you imagine that?... Here is your new NG V6 sir... I would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!